Unit 10 I’d like some noodles. Section B What would you like? Noodles, noodles. I’d like noodles. What kind of noodles? Beef and potato, beef and potato.
Published byModified 2年之前
Presentation on theme: "Unit 10 I’d like some noodles. Section B What would you like? Noodles, noodles. I’d like noodles. What kind of noodles? Beef and potato, beef and potato."— Presentation transcript:
What would you like? Noodles, noodles. I’d like noodles. What kind of noodles? Beef and potato, beef and potato. What size bowl of noodles? A large bowl of noodles. A large bowl of beef and potato noodles. Let’s Chant
answer n. 回答 v. 回答 world n. 世界 different adj. 不同的 the UK n. 英国 idea n. 想法；主意
cake n. 蛋糕 blow v. 吹 candle n. 蜡烛 make a wish 许愿 cut up 切碎
lucky adj. 幸运的 bring good luck to... 给...... 带来好运
Read the passage. Judge Yes (Y) or No (N) of the sentences. 2b 1.____ The number of candles on the birthday cake is the person’s age. 2.____ In the UK, when the child has the birthday cake with the candy, he/she is lucky. Y Y
3. ____ In China, people eat noodles on their birthday, we never have cake. 4. ____ People in different countries have different birthday foods. N Y
2b. Read the article about food traditions and complete the chart.
Birthday Food Around the World _______ would people like to eat on their birthday? The answer would be _______ in different countries. In many countries, people have ______________ with candles. The number of candles is the person’s age. The _____________ must make a wish and _______ the candles. If he or she blows What different birthday cake birthday person blow out
out all the candles in one go, the wish will _________. In the UK, people sometimes put a candy in the birthday cake. The child with the candy is lucky. In ________, it is ______________ to have cake on your birthday. But many people still eat very ____________________________. They never cut up the noodles because the long noodles are a symbol of long life. In some places, Chinese people also eat eggs on their birthday. They are a symbol of life and ___________. All of these birthday foods may be different, but the ideas are __________. They bring good luck to the birthday person. come true China getting popular good luck long noodles for their birthday the same
CountryFoodSpecial UK China birthday cake Blowing out candle on a cake makes a wish come true. it is lucky to find a candy in a cake. long noodlesa symbol of long life eggs a symbol of life and good luck
2c. Read the article again and answer the questions. 1. How can a person make his or her birthday wish come true? ___________________________________ ________________________________ 2.What do people in the UK sometimes put in a birthday cake? _________________________________ He or she can blow out all of the birthday candles in one blow. They put a candy in a birthday cake.
3. Why do people never cut up birthday noodles in China? __________________________________ 4. Why do people eat special foods on their birthday? ___________________________________ Because long noodles mean long life. They eat special foods for good luck.
What ——to eat —— birthday? The answer ——in different ——.
In many ——, people have — with —. —number ——is the person’s ——. There’re 9 candles and I’m nine years old.
The —— person must ——and —— the candles. If he or she blows out — —, the wish will ——.
In the UK, people sometimes put ——in ——. The child with ——is ——. In China, it is —— to —— cake on your birthday.
But many people still —— for their birthday. They never —— because the long noodles —— symbol ——. In some places, Chinese people also ——. They are a symbol ——.
1. Birthday Food Around the World around the world 意为 “ 世界各地 ” 。 e.g. He would like to take a trip around the world. 他想环游世界。
2. The number of the candles is the person’s age. 蜡烛的数量是这个人的岁数。 the number of 意为 “…… 的数目 ” ，当其作 主语时，谓语动词应 用单数形式。
【拓展】 a number of 意为 “ 很多的；大量的 ” 后跟可 数名词复数形式。 e.g. The number of the students in our class is forty. 我们班里学生的数目是四十人。 e.g. A number of people are in the park today. 今天有很很多人在公园里。
age 意为 “ 年龄 ” 。 e.g. What’s his age? 他多大年龄？ = How old is he?
3. If he or she blows out all the candles in one go, the wish will come true. 如果他 ( 她 ) 一口气把蜡烛全部吹灭的 话，许的愿望便会成真。 1)in one go 相当于汉语中的 “ 同一次 ” ， “ 一次性地 ” ，其中的介词还可用 at ，即 at one go 。例如： You can’t do the work all in one go. 你不可能一次把工作都干完。
2) come true 表示愿望、梦想等的 “ 实现 ” 或 “ 成为现实 ” 。例如： Make a wish, and it can really come true. 许个愿，它一定会实现的。 Keep on working and your dream will come true. 不断干下去，你的梦想会实现的。
5. The child with candy is lucky. They are a symbol of life and good luck. lucky 形容词，意为 “ 幸运的 ” ；而 luck 是名词，意为 “ 运气 ” 。 例如： She’s really a lucky girl. 她真是一个幸运的女孩。 Eggs are a symbol of life and good luck. 鸡蛋是生命和好运的象征。
6. All of these birthday foods may be different, but the ideas are the same. different 是形容词，意为 “ 不同的 ” 。 e.g. They’re in different classes. 他们两个在不同的班级。 【拓展】 differently 是副词，意为 “ 不同地 ” e.g. They think differently. 他们的想法不同。
luck, lucky, different, age, answer, will, idea 1. The _____ of the old man is eighty. 2. What’s your _______ to this question? 3. They think it can bring good _____ to them. 4. The boy doesn’t get hurt ( 受伤 ). He’s really ______. 选词填空。 luck age lucky answer
5. If it’s sunny tomorrow. We _____ go boating. 6. The two boys have ________ hobbies ( 爱好 ). 7. It’s a good _____ to make a snowman in the snow. will different idea
Ⅰ. 改错 将错误处的序号填在题前的括号内。 ( )1. The man under the tree look young. A B C D ( )2. Are one of the photos Jim’s? A B C D ( )3. He mother is a teacher. A B C D ( )4. What’s color is your blouse? A B C D ( )5. Some pictures are in the wall. A B C D C A A A D
Ⅱ. 词汇 1. I’m a little h______.Would you please give me something to eat? 2.There are many k_____ of pizza in this shop. 3.What s____ of shirt would you like? 4.This hamburger is very s______.It has beef in it. 5. Apple juice is a kind of ______. ( 饮料 ) ungry inds ize pecial drink
1. --Would you like some more? -- _____. I’m full. A. Yes, please B. I’d love to C. No, I would not D. No, thanks 2.There are few____in the fridge. Let’s go and buy some peas, carrots and cabbages. A. vegetables B. fruit C. meat D. eggs D A Ⅲ. 单项选择
3. -- I don’t like mutton _____ beef. -- I don’t like mutton, _____ I like beef a lot. A. and, but B. and, and C. or, but D. or, and 4. Some chicken _____ in the bowl. And some eggs ______ on the table. A. is, is B. are, are C. is, are D. are, is 5. --Is that apple large? --_________. A. Yes. It’s. B. No, it’s small apple. C. No, it isn’t. D. No, that’s a small. C C C
6. I’d like some _____ and _____. A. porridge, vegetable B. broccoli, tomatoes C. potatos, bananas D. French fries, orange juices 7. Andrew usually has fruit ______ dinner. A. of B. for C. at D. with 8. Julie would like ______ TV. A. watch B. watches C. watching D. to watch B B D
9. We often eats ice cream in a dessert ______. A. home B. shopping C. house D. family 10. -- _____ of shoes do you wear? -- Size 7. A. What B. What size C. What kind D. What color 11. The oranges in the store are good ______ cheap. A. as B. orC. withD. as well as 12. --Would you like some tea? --_________. A. Yes, please. B. No, please. C. No, I don’t. D. Yes, I would C B D A
13. Daniel plays chess __________, if not better than, David. (2006 苏州市 ) A. as well B. as well as C. so well D. so well as 14. ― Would you mind my smoking ？ ― ____. ( 中考真题 ) A. Not at all B. I have no idea C. Yes, please B A
Ⅳ. 句型转换 1. kind, what, they, like, of, would, noodles ( 连词成句 ) ___________________________________ 2. She has a strawberry. ( 用 they 替换 she) They ______ some _____________. 3. Nancy wants some salad. ( 同义句转换 ) Nancy _______ ____ some salad. What kind of noodles would they like? havestrawberries would like
4. He’d like a medium bowl. ( 改为一般疑问句 ) _______ _____ like a medium bowl? 5. My phone number is 62885151. ( 对划线部分提问 ) _______ ______ phone number? 6. I’d like a cup of tea ． ( 就划线部分提问 ) What ________ you ______? Would he What’s your wouldlike
1. Make a survey. Ask what your class eat at school/at home. See if they eat healthy food. 2. Read and learn the conversation we’ve learnt. 3. Complete Self check. Homework