Unit 14 I remember meeting all of you in Grade 7.
Language Goal Share past memories and experiences Look ahead to the future
To review all the structures learned. To listen and speak about the things you remember doing at junior high school.
1. graduate v. 毕业 2. gentleman n. 先生，绅士 3. ceremony n. 典礼 4. thirsty adj. 渴望的，口渴的 5. responsible adj. 有责任心的 6. separate adj. 单独的；分离的 Words
1. win a prize 获奖 2. do a school survey 做一个学校调查 3. meet the standard of a strict teacher 满足一位要求严格的老师的要求 4. meet this group of friends 遇到这群朋友 5. score two goals in a row 连续踢进两个球 Phrases
6. learn to play the keyboard 学会弹钢琴 7. be patient with sb 对 … 有耐心 8. work out the answer yourself 自己找出答案 9. guide sb to do sth 指导某人做某事 10. put in more effort 更加努力 Phrases
熟悉下面新单词。 1. With the help of Mr. Wang. My English level has improved a lot. 2. I like the girl who is kind and caring. 3. The parents encourage the boy to be brave and overcome all kinds of difficulties alone. 4. There is something wrong with the keyboard of the computer.
Well, junior high school days are over. Do you have any special memories?
Check the things you remember doing at junior high school. Add one more to the list. 1a
At junior high school, I remember: ______winning a prize ______being a volunteer ______ doing a school survey ______a friend helping me with a problem …
Mary a. did homework carefully to meet the standerd of a strick teacher Frank b. remembers losing a schoolbag Sarah c. remembers meeting this group of friends Peter d. has enjoyed every year of junior high school Listen. Match the memory with the person. 1b
List some memories and experiences from junior high school. Share your lists with your partner. Memories I remember … scoring two goals in a row during a soccer competition. Experiences I have … learned to play the keyboard in music class. 1c
Listen to the conversation. Check the facts you hear. ______ Someone didn’t like P.E. ______ Someone was advised to take a break from running by a teacher. ______ Someone had a health problem. ______ Someone joined the school band. ______ Someone liked Mr. Hunt's teaching methods. √ 2a √ √
Listen again. Match each question with the name of the person. Question 1. Who wants to study medicine? 2. Who told someone to take a break from running? 3. Who hurt his/her knee? 4. Who thinks the That's Life concert is the best memory? Answer a. Luke b. Brain c. Mr. Hunt d. Lisa 2b
A: Do you remember Mr. Hunt? B: Of course! He’s a great teacher. He gave really clear instructions during P.E. class. A: Yeah, he... Role-play a conversations using the information in 2a and 2b. 2c
(1) encourage vt. 鼓励 ; 怂恿 She encouraged him to talk to her. 她鼓励他与她交谈。 促进, 助长 ; 激发 Don’t encourage her laziness by doing things for her. 别替她做事, 这会助长她的懒惰。
(2)quarrel vi. 争吵, 不和 [(+with/about/over)] She often quarreled with her husband over trivial matters. 她常因小事情与丈夫争吵。 It’s no use quarrelling about it with me. 关于这件事与我争吵毫无用处。 埋怨 ; 责备 ; 挑剔 [(+with)] He quarreled with my suggestion that television caused violence. 他反对我对于电视会引起暴力事件的看法。
(3) caring adj. 体贴人的 I will miss the school trees and flowers and our kind and caring teachers. 我会怀念学校的树木花草以及我们善良，体 贴的老师。 例句： Thanks for your invitation, but I’m so sorry I can’t go. I need to ______ my baby at home. A. take away B. take off C. take care of D. take out of 【解析】动词短语的辨析。 take care of 意为 “ 照看 ; 照 料 ” 符合句意。故选 C
(4) instructions 在这里与教学有关，指教师的 课堂讲解，指导以及要求。与 Unit 10 中的 manners 相似，通常用复数形式。例如： Clear and brief instructions are very important for any teacher in any case. 在任何课堂对任何老师来说，清晰扼要的讲解 至关重要。 instruction 另外有仪器，药物等的 “ 使用说明； 用法说明 ” ，以及操作步骤的具体 “ 做法；要 求 ” 之意，与 direction 通用。例如： Read the instruction carefully before you take this medicine. 服用此药前请认真阅读说明。
Judy :Which teachers will you miss the most after junior high school, Clara? Clara: Ms. Lee and Mr. Brown. Judy:I know that Ms. Lee was always patient with you in math class. She helped you to work out the answers yourself no matter how difficult they were. Role-play the conversation. 2d
Clara: Yes, and Mr. Brown guided me to do a lot better in science. He always took the time to explain things to me clearly whenever I couldn’t understand anything. Who will you miss? Judy:Ms. Griffin. She encouraged me in English class. She always told me, “You can do it!” Because of her, I put in more effort and my exam scores doubled.
Clara: Shall we get each of them a card and gift to say thank you? Judy: Good idea. Let’s go shopping tomorrow!
Read the passage and answer the questions. A. What kind of writing is this? This is a poem. 3a
B. What is the main subject of this writing? The main subject is the writer's memories of school over the last three years. C. Who do you think the writer is? The writer is the student who is just about to graduate.
Looking back at these past three years I remember many things Trying to be on time for morning readings Running when the lunch bell rings I remember the excitement Of the school sports day each year The many long hours of training Pride of overcoming fear I Remember 1 1 2 2
I remember starting day one The shyest in my whole class Never speaking to anyone And thinking I would not pass Then slowly I made some new friends To remember forever Helping each other with homework Getting better together 3 3 4 4
Preparing for art festivals And making a great big mess Having fun at New Year’s parties Wishing everyone the best We have learned a different language That is from a foreign land English brings many challenges We work hard to understand 6 6 5 5
And now it’s time to graduate We will leave our lovely school I can’t believe it’s been three years I’m trying to keep my cool But it’s difficult not to cry I’ll miss the school trees and flowers And our kind and caring teachers Wonderful memories of ours 8 8 7 7
helping friends sports day learning a language kind and caring teachers preparing for festivals school trees and flowers New Year's parties I remember …
Read the poem again. Write the words that rhyme with the words below. things _______ land ____________ year _______ school ______ class ______ flowers ______ rings cool fear ours understand 3b pass
3c Have you experienced any of the following things? How did you feel? How does the writer feel about them? 1. trying to be on time for morning readings 2. running to the dining hall when the lunch bell rings 3. training for sports day hard, difficult hungry tired
3c 4. starting the first day in Grade 7 5. slowly making some new friends 6. helping classmates with homework 7. preparing for art festivals 8. going to New Year ’ s parties 9. learning English challenging sh y happy good happy excited
1. At junior high school, I remember a friend helping me with a problem. 在中学时，我记得一个朋友曾经帮助 我解决问题。 help sb. with sth. 意为 “ 帮助某人干某事 ” 。 例如： Lucy often helps her mother with housework on Sunday. 露西星期天经常帮助她妈妈做家务。
help 构成的短语： help oneself 自助, ( 进餐时 ) 自己取用 can’t help doing sth. 禁不住做某事 with the help of… 在 …… 的帮助下 例如： Children, help yourselves to some fruits. 孩子们，请随便吃些水果吧。 I couldn’t help crying. 我忍不住哭了。 With the help of the neighbors, the fire was at last brought under control. 在邻居们的帮助下，火势终于被控制住了。
2. …remember losing a schoolbag full of homework. …… 记得丢失了装满作业的书包。 remember vt. & vi. 记起；想起。常与 to + n. 及 that 连用。例如： He remembered that he had to finish the homework by the next day. 他想起他必须在第二天之前完成作业。 remember to 与名词连用时，表示 : “ 请向 …… 致意；代向 …… 致意 ” 。 Please remember me to your mother. 请代我向你母亲致意。
◆ remember 句型 remember doing sth. remember to do sth. 1) 当动名词所表示的动作发生在前时，则用 remember doing sth. 。例如： I remember reading about the earthquake in the newspaper ． 我记得在报纸上看到过关于这次地震的消 息。 (read 这一动作发生在前， remember 这一 动作发生在后。 )
(2) 当 remember 本身表示发生在前的动作 时，后面接不定式。例如： I’ll remember to ring Bill. 我会记得给比尔打电话的。 (remember 这一动作发生在 ring 这个动作 之前。 ) ◇ remember 的此种用法也适用于 forget 句 型。 例如：
I’ll never forget waiting for you in the rain for the whole night ． 我将永远不会忘记在雨中等了你整整一个 晚上。 (wait 这一动作发生在前， forget 这个动作 发生在后。 ) He often forgets to close the door. 他经常忘记关门。 (forget 这一动作发生在 close 这个动作之前 。 )
课时重点回顾 1. Junior high school days are over. Do you have any special memories ？中学生活结束了 ，你有什么特别的记忆吗？ 2. I remember I cored two goals in a row during a soccer competition. 我记得在一次足球 比赛 中连续踢进两个球。 3. Which teachers will you miss the most after junior high school? 中学毕业后，你会最怀念哪 些老师？
4. She helped you to work out the answers yourself no matter how difficult they were. 她帮助你自己算出答案，无论它们有多难。 5. He always took time to explain things to me clearly whenever I couldn’t understand anything. 无论何时只要是我没听懂的，他总是 花时间给我解释清楚。
1. I almost forget the worst thing that _______ me last year. A. happened B. happened to C. took place D. take place 2.The workers were made _____ day and night in the old days. A. work B. worked C. to work D. works Choose the best answer.
3. —I hope you ______ my party next weekend. —OK, I ______. A. to come to, will B. come to, will C. can come to, am D. can come to, will 4. He asked me to give up working on this maths problems. It’s too difficult. Here “give up working” means _______. A. go on working B. stop working C. stop to work D. work out
5. —Do you still remember _____ me somewhere in Kunming? —Yes, of course. Two years ago. A. to see B. see C. seeing D. saw 6. —There is going to ____ an important meeting tomorrow. —Please try _____ late. A. have, not to be B. have, not be C. be, not to be D. be, not be
7. There _____ a teacher and 40 students in the classroom. A. is B. are C. has D. have 8. The painting ______ to a museum in New York in 2000. A. sells B. was sold C. sold D. is sold 9. —Is Jim at home by himself? —No. There’s another boy ______ with him. A. playing B. play C. plays D. to play
To make a conversation as 2d's pattern. To talk about the changes during junior high school Homework
Your consent to our cookies if you continue to use this website.