Unit 2 This morning we took a walk. Module 10 A holiday journey
1. Where did Betty go? 2. How did she go there? 3. Who met Betty at the airport? She went to Paris. She went there by plane. Her aunt and uncle met her at the airport. Read and answer the questions.
4. What did she see in the Louvre Museum? 5. Where did she go this morning? 6. When did they go to the Eiffel Tower? She saw the Mona Lisa. She went to the shops and street markets. They went to the Eiffel Tower at about three o’clock. 7. How did they get to the Eiffel Tower? They went there by underground.
1.They arrived on Wednesday. ( ) 2.They began their tour of the city on Friday. ( ) 3.They saw the Mona Lisa in the Louvre Museum. ( ) 4. They had dinner in a Chinese restaurant in the evening. ( ) Check the true sentences. √ √ × ×
5. On Friday morning, they did some shopping and bought a present for Grandma. ( ) 6. They took the Paris bus to the Eiffel Tower at three o’clock. ( ) 7. After they waited in line for two hours, They went to the Eiffel Tower’s top. ( ) 8. They are going to take a boat tour on the River Seine. ( ) √ × × √
Language points 1. Jenny and I arrived by plane the day before yesterday. arrive 到达, 是不及物动词，后须加上 in / at 才能接表示地点的名词。 表示到达大 城市或国家时要用 arrive in, 而到达乡村、 车站等小地方则要用 arrive at 。 如：
We arrived ______ London last week. 我们上周到达伦敦。 The doctor arrived ______ the village at last. 医生终于到达了那个村子。 We arrived ______ the station five minutes late. 我们到车站晚了 5 分钟。 They will arrive ______ Paris next Monday. 他们将于下周星期一到达巴黎。
get 是不及物动词, 常和 to 连用。但当 “ 到 达 ” 的地点是副词（ home, here, there ）时, to 需要省略。如 : When did you get there last night? 你昨晚什么时候到达那儿的？ I get home at 7:00 pm every day ． 我每天晚上七点到家。 When we got to the park, it began to rain. 我们到达公园时，天开始下雨 了。 [ More to learn ]
Will you ______ the station at ten? A. get to B. arrive C. get A
2. We were tired so we relaxed at home… relax v. 休息；放松；使...... 放松 I just want to sit down and relax. 我只想坐下休息会。 The music will help to relax you. 音乐会使你感到轻松。 His father often _______ (relax) half an hour after supper. relaxes
relaxing adj. 令人放松的 ( 跟物有关 ) I think dancing is a good relaxing way. 我想跳舞是个很好的恶消闲方式。 relaxed adj. 感到放松的 ( 跟人有关 ) He feels relaxed when he returns from his vacation. 他度假回来感到很放松。 [ More to learn ]
3. We waited till all the lights were on. till 用作连词用于肯定句时表示 “ 直到 … 为止 ” till 用于否定句时表示 “ 在 … 以前, 直到 … 才 ”, Keep to it. Don't stop till the job is finished. 坚持下去，一直到干完为止。 People do not know the value of health till they lose it. 直到失去健康，人们才知道健康的可贵。
1. Go down the road _______ you reach the traffic lights. 沿路前行直至有交通灯处。 2. I didn't left home ______ I was nineteen. 我直到 19 岁才离开家门。 till Complete the sentences. till
4. so 与 such such 是形容词，修饰名词或名词词组。 so 是副词，只能修饰形容词或副词。 so 还可与表示数量的形容词 many ， few ， much ， little 连用，形成固定搭配。
1. This story is _______ interesting that I want to read it again. 2. It is __________ interesting story that I want to read it again. 3. He spoke _______ quickly that I couldn’t follow him. 4. I am _____ glad to hear from my friend. 5. She is __________ lovely girl. so such an so such a Have a try!
We’re on holiday in Paris. After we arrived, Aunt Joan and Uncle Pete_____ (meet) us at the airport. We _____ (go) to the Louvre Museum yesterday. We _____(have) dinner in a French restaurant in the evening. This morning, we _____ (take) a walk and I ______ (buy) a present. We _____ (take) the Paris Underground to the Eiffel Tower in the afternoon. We _____ (go) to the top. We _____ (wait) till all the lights ____ (be) on. We’re going to take a boat tour on the River Seine. Rewrite the email. met went had tookbought took went waited were
Look at the pictures. Write sentences about Daming and Lingling’s holiday.
看图表达步骤 一、审图 : 确定基本要素 : 5W1H when who where why how what Last summer, Two years ago, At the age of 12… Beijing, Hangzhou, Quzhou… Daming, Lingling for the holiday go … by train 认真看图, 然后在每副图的下方写出所发生事 情的相应词汇。
二. 扩展成句 把要点变成完整的句子。 On Tuesday, they visited … museum. On Wednesday, they went to … park. On Thursday, they had lunch in a café.
三. 连句成文 发挥想象，开好头。注意 5W1H Last summer, Daming and Lingling went to Beijing for their holiday They went by train. On Tuesday, they visited … museum. On Wednesday, they went to … park. On Thursday, they had lunch in a café. when who where why How what Daming and Lingling went to Beijing for their holiday.
四.四. Last summer, Daming and Lingling went to Beijing for their holiday. They went by train. They arrived on Monday. On Tuesday, they visited … museum. On Wednesday, they went to … park. On Thursday, they had lunch in a cafe. It took them …to get there. They did some sightseeing. First, They did a lot of shopping. They bought presents for their family. 适当发挥 and took a taxi to their hotel. Then they … They went boating and saw a lot of fish in the water.
五. 写好结尾 They went home by plane on Friday. It was a short holiday, but it was great. They had a great time.
Tell us something about your last holiday. It must include ( 包括 ): When… Where… How… Who… When… How long… What… How… did you go for your holiday? was with you / went with you? did you go? did you leave? did it take you to get there? did you spend there? did you do there? was your holiday?
1. 我父母正在香港度假。 My parents _____ ______ ______ in Hong Kong. 2. 我妈妈喜欢周末购物。 My mother likes ______ ______ ______ at the weekend. 3. 上周日我花了 100 元买了一件衬衫。 I ______ 100 yuan_____________ a shirt last Sunday. Complete the sentences. are on holiday doing some shopping spent on / buying
4. 昨天他们花了两个小时到达洛杉矶。 It _____ them two hours _____ ______ ______ Los Angeles. 5. 你在那个小村子待了多久？ ______ _______ _______ you ____________ in the small village? tookto get to / to arrive in How long didspend / stay
1.I was at home this morning.( 改为一般疑问 句 ) _______ _______ at home this morning? 2. Lucy didn’t go there because her mother was ill. ( 对划线部分提问 ) _______ ______ Lucy go there? 3. My father bought some things in the store yesterday afternoon. ( 改为同义句 ) My father ______ _____ _____ in the store yesterday afternoon. Rewrite the sentences. Were you Why didn’t did some shopping
4. They had a big dinner last Saturday. ( 对划线部 分提问 ) ______ ______ they _____ last Saturday? 5. It cost me 1,000 yuan to buy the cell phone. ( 改 为同义句 ) I ______ 1,000 yuan in ______ the cell phone. 6. Mark is sending an email to his friend. ( 用 yesterday 改写句子 ) _______________________________________. Mark sent an email to his friend yesterday What diddo spent buying