Presentation on theme: "高 三 英 语 Module 10 Unit 2 People on the move Reading-2 Language points 授课教师 ：黄 长 泰."— Presentation transcript:
高 三 英 语 Module 10 Unit 2 People on the move Reading-2 Language points 授课教师 ：黄 长 泰
1. on the move 在迁移中、在行进中 The wild geese are on the move. 大雁在迁移中。 Don’t jump off when the train is still on the move. The army is on the move. take a move take measures / take action on the go: be very busy I’ve been on the go all the week.
2. head ( 向特定方向 ) 出发；驶往 The ship is heading for Shanghai Birds head south in autumn. Where is he heading? He is heading toward home / away from the town / back to school / for the cinema.
3. reduce the risk of 减少 …… 的危险 Stopping people from swimming in this river reduces the risk of drowning.
4. For decades, Florida has been attracting older residents. (P18) 现在完成进行时，它表示某个动作从过去开 始一直延续到现在，而且有可能还将进行下 去。 I have been waiting for an hour but he hasn’t turned up yet. 我已经等了一个小时, 但是他还没有露面。
Now that she is out of a job, Lucy ____ going back to school, but she hasn’t decided yet. （ 北京 2004 ） A. had considered B. has been considering C. considered D. is going to consider B
5. I’d love to stay in the community where I grew up,... (P19) where 引导定语从句，修饰先行 community where 引导的定语从句与其引导的地点状语从 句的区别： where 引导定语从句时，其前通常有表示地 点的名词或代词来充当先行词，此时 where 常 可以用 “ 介词 + which ” 来替换，且 where 在定 语从句中作状语； where 引导地点状语从句 时，其前一般没有表示地点的名词。
Sit where I can see you. (where 引导状语从句 ) 坐在我能看到你的地方。 If a shop has chairs ____ women can park their men, women will spend more time in the shop. （ 上海 2005 ） A. that B. which C. when D. where D
6. Throughout the Midwest and the North-east, people aged 60 and over are packing their bags and heading south along the freeway to states like Florida. (P18) 在整个中西部和东北部地区， 60 岁及 60 岁以上的 人们正在收拾他们的行囊，沿着高速公路向南行 进到类似佛罗里达州这样的州去。
age n. 年龄 ; 时代 ; v. （使）变老 aged 年老的 We live in the Space Age. The continual strain aged him. a boy aged ten = a boy 10 years old an aged man = an old man China is aging faster than before.
1. The prize of the game show is $30000 and an all expenses ____ vacation to China. (2005 北京 ) A. paying B. paid C. to be paid D. being paid B
2. Don't use words, expressions, or phrases ____ only to people with specific knowledge. （ 2002 上海 ） A. being known B. having been known C. to be known D. known D
3. Prices of daily goods _____ through a computer can be lower than store prices. （ 2002 春招 ） A. are bought B. bought C. been bought D. buying B
4. Linda worked for the Minnesota Manufacturing and Mining Company, ____ as 3M. （ 2004 浙江 ） A. knowing B. known C. being known D. to be known B
5. The Town Hall ____ in the 1800’s was the most distinguished building at that time. (2007 上海 ) A. to be completed B. having been completed C. completed D. being completed C
6. “Things ____ never come again!” I couldn’t help talking to myself. (2007 湖南 ) A. lost B. losing C. to lose D. be lost A
7. For some of this people, the move is permanent and year-round, but for others, it is only seasonal. (P18) 对其中一些人来说，搬迁是永 久的、常年的；但对另一些人来说，这是季节性的。 permanent adj. lasting for a long time or forever: 永久的、常年的 ; She is looking for a permanent place to stay. Are you looking for a temporary or a permanent job?
8. This group account for nearly 18 percent of the state’s population. (P18) 这个人群大约占到该州人口的 18% account for 解释 、占据 The students who have no interest in books account for 16% of all the students who were asked. on account of = because of
9. So it is not surprising that Florida’s Charlotte County is known as the oldest place in the USA. (P18) 因此也就不奇怪佛罗 里达州的夏洛特县北被认为是美国最老的地方。 the usage of “it” It is used as a formal subject; the real object of the sentence is that Florida’s Charlotte County is known as the oldest place in the USA
1. As the busiest woman in Norton, she made ____ her duty to look after all the other people’s affairs in that town. （ 2006 湖南 ） A. this B. that C. one D. it D
2. ____ is our belief that improvements in health care will lead to a stronger, more prosperous economy. (2006 浙江 ) A. As B. That C. This D. It D
3. If I can help ____, I don't like working late into the night. （ 2006 全国 I ） A. so B. that C. it D. them 4. I’d appreciate ____ if you would like to teach me how to use the computer. （ 2006 山东 ） A. that B. it C. this D. you C B
5. The chairman thought ____ necessary to invite Professor Smith to speak at the meeting. (2005 全国 ) A. that B. it C. this D. him 6. He didn’t make ____ clear when and where the meeting would be held. (2007 天津 ) A. this B. that C. it D. that B C
7. ____ worries me the way he keeps changing his mind. (2007 山东 ) A. This B. That C. What D. It 8. ____ felt funny watching myself on TV. (2007 全国 ) A. One B. This C. It D. That D C
10. The question is, though, why are so many people retiring and spending their pensions in Florida. (P18) 但问题是，为什么 这么多的人退休后要去佛罗里达州，并且把他们的 养老金花在那里呢？ They're coming next week, though I don't know which day. adverb: despite this: 尽管、然而 We were at school together. I haven't seen her for years though.
1. ---How is everything going on with you in Europe? ---Quite well. Not so smoothly as I hoped, _____. (2005 江苏 ) A. though B. instead C. either D. too A
2. ____ he had not hurt his leg, John would have won the race. (2007 全国 ) A. If B. Since C. Though D. When 3. Small sailboats can easily turn over in the water ____ they are not managed carefully. (2007 上海 ) A. though B. before C. until D. if A D
11. As the number of older Americans moving there increase, more changes are made to cater to them. (P18) 然而，随着搬迁到那里的老年美国人增多，更 多的变化发生了，以照顾到他们的需要。 1) cater v. provide serve or food 2) I'm catering for twelve on Sunday; all the family are coming. 3) Which firm will be catering at the wedding reception?
12. Maybe I’ll move to a small town when my partner and I get married, but for now, I want to have fun. (P19) 或许当我的爱人和我结婚的时候，我将搬到 小城镇，但是现在，我想享受快乐。 ” get + verb-ed They're getting married later this year. This window seems to have got broken.
1. Be careful when you cross this very busy street. If not, you may ____ run over by a car. (2002 北京春 ) A. have B. get C. become D. turn B
2. --- How are the team playing? --- They're playing well, but one of them _____ hurt. (2002 全国春 ) A. got B. gets C. are D. were 3. As we joined the big crowd I got ____ from my friends. (2001 全国 ) A. separated B. spared C. lostD. missed A A
13. Angela, 21, adds, I’d love to stay in the community where I grew up, but there are no career opportunities there. (P19) 21 岁的安杰拉补充道： “ 我挺乐意住在我长大 的社区里，但是那里没有任何事业机会。 If you add (= calculate the total of) three and four, you get seven. Her colleagues' laughter only added to (= increased) her embarrassment.
add up to sth. phrasal verb 总计 The various building programs add up to several thousand new homes. 2, 4, and 7 adds up to 13. add fuel to the fire / flames to make an argument or bad situation worse: The discovery that the government was aware of the cover-up has really added fuel to the fire.
1. There have been several new events ____ to the program for the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games. (2006 北京 ) A. add B. to add C. adding D. added D
14. I have to go where the big companies are because I want to be a top accountant, not a database clerk. That’s why I’ll move to Los Angeles when I graduate from university. (P19) 我必须到大公司所在的地方， 因为我想成为顶尖的会计师，而不是数据库职 员。那就是为什么当我大学毕业的时候我要搬 到洛杉矶。 ”
1. I had just stepped out of the bathroom and was busily drying myself with a towel ____ I heard the steps. （ 2005 湖南 ） A. while B. when C. since D. after B
2. If you are traveling ____ the customs are really foreign to your own, please do as the Romans do. （ 2005 天津 ） A. in which B. what C. when D. where D
3. He was about halfway through his meal ____ a familiar voice came to his ears. （ 2005 辽宁 ） A. why B. where C. when D. while C
4. ---Mom, what did your doctor say? ---He advised me to live ____ the air is fresher. （ 2005 四川 ） A. in where B. in which C. the place where D. where D
15. I don’t like one more than the other. (P21) 我并不偏向于更喜欢哪一个。 A. more than ＋ 名词 多于 …; 非但 … 尤其是 1) Modern science is more than a large amount of information. 2) Jason is more than a lecturer; he is a writer, too. B. more than ＋数词 … 以上 ; 不止 I’ve known him for more than 20 years.
C. more than ＋形容词 很 ; 非常 1) In doing scientific experiments, one must be more than careful with the instruments. 2) I assure you I am more than glad to help you.
D. more...than... 肯定前面的，否定 than 后面的，约等于 “ 是 …… 而不是 ……” 1) Catherine is more diligent than intelligent. 2) Hearing the loud noise, the boy was more surprised than frightened.
E. more than 或 more...than... ＋ can 表示 “ 否定之意 ” 1) That's more than I can do. 2) Don't bite off more than you can chew. 3) In delivering his lecture, Jason makes sure not to include more things than the students can understand.
1. —Do you need any help, Lucy? —Yes, The job is I could do myself. (2007 福建 ) A. less thanB. more than C. no more than D. not more than B
Your consent to our cookies if you continue to use this website.