Presentation on theme: "Unit 3 Travel journal Learning about language. Discovering useful words and expressions 1Find the correct words or expressions from the text for each."— Presentation transcript:
Discovering useful words and expressions 1Find the correct words or expressions from the text for each sentence. 1. He is so stubborn that no one can ________ him to do anything. 2. A __________ person always tries to finish the job, no matter how hard it is. persuade determined
3. My grandpa _________ fishing and sometimes he fishes all day in the river. 4. Liu Xiaoding is a good teacher and __________ his students very much. 5. I _______ the red dress to the green one because it fits me better. is fond of cares about prefer
6. The concert went like clockwork because Li Pei had _________ it so well. 7. I wanted to pay the train ____, but my friend insisted. Finally I ________. 8. She persuaded all of us to ______ to work instead of taking the bus. organized fare gave in cycle
Answer key for Ex. 2 1. give in 2. liked … better 3. determined 4. item 5. journey 6. journal 7. shortcoming 8. made up his mind
I really enjoyed my school field trip in geography two months ago. We saw so many beautiful things: a ________ that flowed like a river of ice through a _______ that cut the mountains into two parts. glacier valley 3 Complete this passage with some of the following words. rapids glacier mountain delta plain valley waterfall bank
We also discovered a river that was falling off the mountain and became a wonderful _________. This was even more exciting to see than the _______ where the water seemed to boil. Later we followed the river to a quieter ______and finally into a _____ and the sea. delta plain rapids waterfall
1. 现在进行时表将来使用的动词常为 趋向性动词和表示位置转移的动词, 常用的有 : arrive, come, do, get, go, have, leave, meet, play, return, see, spend, start, stay, wear, work 等。如： How are you going, by boat or by train? I’m meeting you after class.
2. 现在进行时常表最近或较近的将来, 句子里常有一个表示未来的时间状语。 如 : They’re leaving for Hong Kong this afternoon. What are you doing next Sunday? I’m not going out for dinner this evening.
3. 表将来的现在进行时有时含有 “ 决心 ” 的意思, 多用在否定结构 中。如： I’m not waiting any longer.
4. 现在进行时也可在时间、条件或原 因状语从句中表示将来。如： When you are passing my house, please drop in. If they are not doing it, what should I do? Because the bride is coming, all the people are pleased.
如果主语是 train, concert, programme 等表示事物的名词, 动词通常用一般 现在时表将来而不用进行时。如： What time does the train to Mianyang leave?
1.Betty ________ (leave) for Guangzhou by plane at 3:00 this afternoon. Her brother Bob ________ (see) her off. It’s half past one now. They __________ (wait) for a taxi outside the school gate. is leaving is seeing are waiting 练一练
2. The Browns ________ (go) to the North China by train next week. They __________ (stay) in Beijing for a week. They ________ (go) to Xi’an. They __________ (get) there by air. are going are staying are going are getting
3. Some friends __________ (come) to Anne’s birthday party this evening. Anne’s mother __ (be) busy ______ (get) ready for the birthday dinner. Anne _________ (help) her mother now. are coming is getting is helping
另外, 表示将来的动作或状态还可用以 下几种形式 : 注意！ (1)will / shall ＋动词原形 I shall be seventeen years old next month. (2)be going to ＋动词原形 : 表示即将发生的 或最近打算进行的事。 We are going to have a meeting today.
(3)be to ＋动词原形 : 表示按计划要发生 的事或征求对方意见。如 : Are we to go on with this work? (4)be about to ＋动词原形, 表示即将发生 的动作, 不与表示将来的时间状语连用。 I was about to go swimming when my guide shouted at me and told me not to do so. 我正要去游泳, 这时向导大声叫我不要去。
--- When are you going off for your holiday? 你什么时候动身去度假 ? --- My plane is taking off at 9:20, so I must be at the airport by 8:30. 我乘坐的飞机将于 9:20 分起飞, 所以我必须在 8:30 之前赶到机场。
(6) 一般现在时表示将来时 ①按规定预计要发生的未来动作, 仅限 于动词 come, go, leave, move, start, return, arrive, begin, stay 等动词。如 : The plane takes off at 10:10. That is, it’s leaving in ten minutes.
②在状语从句中用一般现在时代替 将来时。 If you do that again, I’ll hit you. ③用在 I bet 和 I hope 后面, 常用一般 现在时表将来。 I bet you don’t get up before ten tomorrow. 我敢说你明天不到 10 点是不会起床的。
(7) 单纯叙述未来的事实, 可以用将来 进行时, 也可表示按计划安排将来 要执行的动作。如 : At this time tomorrow ____ over the Atlantic. (2003 北京 ) A. we’re going to fly B. we’ll be flying C. we’ll fly D. we’re to fly B
Translation 1. 我下个月将去美国。 __________________________________ 2. 我姑姑在信上说她后天将到我们家。 __________________________________ 3. 我明天将什么东西也不做。 ___________________________________ 4. 玛丽和我下个星期天去钓鱼。 ___________________________________ I am going to America next month. Mary and I are going to fish next Sunday. I am not doing anything tomorrow. My aunt said she is arriving at our home the day after tomorrow in the letter.
1.---Did you write to Grace last summer? ---No, but I'll ______ her over Christmas vacation. A. be seen B. have seen C. be seeing D. to see C 练一练
2. ---I’m going to the States? ---How long ___ you___ in the States? A. are; stayed B. are; staying C. have; stayed D. did; stay 3. I’ve won a holiday for two weeks to Florida. I ____ my mum. A. am taking B. have taken C. take D. will have taken B A
4. Selecting a mobile phone for personal use is no easy task because technology ____ so rapidly. A. will change B. has changed C. will have changed D. is changing D
5. --- You’ve left the light on. ---Oh, I have. ___ and turn it off. A. I go B. I’ve gone C. I’ll go D. I’m going 6. ---Is this raincoat yours? ---No, mine ____ there behind the door. A. is hanging B. has hung C. hangs D. hung C A
7. ---What’s that terrible noise? ---The neighbours ____ for a party. A. have prepared B. are preparing C. prepare D. will prepare B
8. Because the shop ____, all the T-shirts are sold at half prices. A. has closed down B. closed down C. is closing down D. had closed down C
9. ---Can I join the club, Dad? ---You can when you ___ a bit old. A. get B. will get C. are getting D. will have got 10. I feel it is your husband who ___ for the spoiled child. A. is to blame B. is going to blame C. is to be blamed D. should blame A A
11. ---Are you still busy? ---Yes, I ___ my work, and it won’t take long. A. just finish B. am just finishing C. have just finished D. am just going to finish B
12. ---Did you tell Julia about the result? ---Oh, no, I forgot. I ____ her now. A. will be calling B. will call C. call D. am to call 13. --Do you like the material? --Yes, it ____ very soft. A. is feeling B. felt C. feels D. is felt B C
14. ---What are you going to do this afternoon? ---I’m going to the cinema with some friends. The film ___ quite early, so we ___ to the bookstore after that. A. finished; are going B. finished; go C. finishes; are going D. finishes; go C
15. ---Have you moved into the new house? ---Not yet. The rooms ____. A. are being painting B. are painting C. are painted D. are being painted D
16. I don’t really work here; I _____ until the new secretary arrives. A. just help out B. have just helped out C. am just helping out D. will just help out C
17. --Do you think we should accept that offer? --Yes, we should, for we ___ such bad luck up till now, and time ___ out. (2008 江西 ) A. have had; is running B. had; is running C. have; has been run D. have had; has been run A
18. Ladies and gentlemen, please fasten your seat belts. The plane ____. A. takes off B. is taking off C. has taken off D. took off 19. Teenagers ____ their health because they play computer games too much. A. have damaged B. are damaging C. damaged D. will damage B B
20. Because the shop _______, all the T-shirts are sold at half price. A. has closed down B. closed down C. is closing down D. had had closed down 21. Look at the timetable. Hurry up! Flight 4026 _____ off at 18:20. A. takes B. took C. will be taken D. has taken C A
22. ---Can I join your club, dad? ---You can when you ____ a bit older. A. get B. will get C. are getting D. will have got 23. At this time tomorrow ______ over the Atlantic. (2003 北京 ) A. we’re going to fly B. we’ll be flying C. we’ll fly D. we’re to fly A B
Create some situations in which you can use continuous tense to express future, then share with your classmates in next lesson. Homework
Your consent to our cookies if you continue to use this website.