Fill in the chart. List the different kinds of movies and the movie names. Kinds of movies Movie names comedies, cartoons, dramas, documentaries, action movies, scary movies Man in Black, Kung Fu Panda, Titanic, March of the Penguins, Spider-Man
1. How does the writer describe each kind of movie? 3b Read the passage again and answer the questions. Comedies: funny and happy Documentaries: interesting Dramas: sad Action movies: exciting Scary movies: scary
2. What kinds of movies does the writer prefer to watch when he or she is sad or tired? He prefers movies that can cheer him up. For example, comedies and action movies.
3. How does the writer feel after watching these movies? Relaxed.
4. Does the writer like scary movies? When does he or she watch them? Yes, he/ she does. He/ She watches them with a friend who isn’t afraid of watching scary movies.
1. Look at the chart below and complete it. 2. Work in groups and ask others what kinds of movies they like in different situations. 3. Share your ideas and compare them.
What kinds of movies do you like to watch? When I’m… I like/prefer to watch movies that/which… Examples (movie names) happy sad tired bored 3c
1. While some people stick to only one kind of movie, I like to watch different kinds depending on how I feel that day. stick v. 粘贴 ; 将 …… 刺入 (stuck, stuck) e.g. He stuck a stamp on the envelope. 他把一张邮票贴到信封上。
stick to 坚持 ; 固守 e.g. Stick to your dream, you’ll succeed with your hard work. 坚持你的梦想, 付出努力, 你就会成 功的。
2. When I’m down or tired, I prefer movies that can cheer me up. down adj. 悲哀 ; 沮丧 用于系动词后作表语 e.g. When he is down, he often listens to gentle music. 他心情沮丧时, 常听柔和的音乐。 cheer up 使高兴 ; 高兴起来 ; 使振奋 e.g. Cheer up! Our troubles will soon be over. 振作起来 ! 我们的困难很快就会过去。
3. Documentaries like March of the Penguins which provide plenty of information about a certain subject can be interesting,… plenty of 大量 ; 充足, 既可修饰可数名 词复数形式, 也可修饰不可数名词。 e.g. There is plenty of coal in this area. 这个地区有丰富的煤。
4. I can just shut off my brain… shut v. 关闭 ; 关上 shut off 关闭 ; 停止运转 e.g. Shut off the internet. 断开网络。
5. Once in a while, I like to watch movies that are scary. once in a while 偶尔地 ; 间或 e.g. He went to see them once in a while. 他偶尔去探望他们。
Complete the sentences. 1. She likes classical music better than rock music.( 同义句改写 ) She _______ classical music ___ rock music. prefers to
2. The letter is from my sister. I received it yesterday. ( 合并成一句 ) The letter _____ I received yesterday ____ from my sister. 3. How do you like the movie? ( 同义句改 写 ) What do you _____ ___ the movie? that is think of
According 3c, write a report about the result of your group.