north n. 北；北方 adj. 在北方的；朝北的 e.g. Japan lies to the north of Philippines. 日本位于菲律宾岛的北面。 Is your home town in North China? 你的家乡在中国的北方吗？
south n. 南；南方 adj. 在南方的；朝南的 e.g. She works on the south coast. 她在南方沿海地区工作。 North is the opposite direction to the south. 北是南的反方向。 west n. 西，西方； adj. 在西方的；朝西的 e.g. This country opens out to the west. 这个国家对西方国家开放。
university n. 大学 e.g. What is your major in university? 在大学你主修什么科目？ island n. 岛，岛屿 e.g. There are some banana trees on that island over there. 那边小岛上有几棵香蕉树。
countryside n. 农村地区；乡下 e.g. The young people from the countryside are honest. 这些乡下来的年轻人都很老实。 area n. 地区；区域 e.g. Earthquakes occur frequently in this area. 这一地区经常发生地震。
mountain n. 山；山丘 e.g. The mountain is 3500 meters high. 这座山有 3500 米高。 low adj. 矮的；低的 e.g. The office is in a low building. 办公室设在一幢低矮的房子里。
especially adv. 尤其 e.g. I love reading, especially novel. 我喜欢阅读，尤其是小说。 在表示 “ 特意地 ”“ 尤其 ” 时， especially 指 某事超乎一般的重要，不寻常，强调 “ 超 过其他 ” ，而毫无 “ 目的性 ” 可言。例如 :
I like maple tree, especially in autumn. 我喜欢枫树，尤其是秋天的枫树。 specially 则表示为了某一特定目的而 “ 特 意 ”“ 专门 ” 采用某一方式做某事。例如 : The meeting is specially arranged for you. 这次会见是特意为你安排的。 安排
umbrella n. 雨伞 e.g. I left my umbrella on the car. 我把雨伞落在车里了。
east north south west 1. Cambridge is in the east of England. 2. London is in the south of England. 3. Bristol is in the west of England. 4. Manchester is in the north of England. Manchester Bristol London Cambridge
— Where is Manchester? — It is in the north of England. — Where is London? — It is in the south of England. Manchester London
— Where is Cambridge? — It is in the east of England. — Where is Bristol? — It is in the west of England. Bristol Cambridge
1. Where is Cambridge? It is in the east of England. 2. What’s the capital of England? London.
1. Tower Bridge and the River Thames 2. Cambridge University and the River Cam a._______b._______ 1 2 a
1. What’s its population of Cambridge? It is about 120,000. 2. What’s Cambridge famous for? Cambridge University. 3. How old is London? It’s about 2,000 years old. 4. What’s the weather like in England? It is never very hot in summer or very cold in winter.
CambridgeLondon Location Population Famous places River In the east of England In the south of England 120,000 About 7.5 million University, old buildings and churches Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, Tower Bridge River CamRiver Thames
countryside east home town island London mountains south university England is part of a(n) (1)_________. It is famous for its beautiful green (2)___________ with (3)___________ and lakes in the north, and hills and villages in the south. island countryside mountains
My (4)__________ is Cambridge, in the (5)______ of England. It has lots of old buildings and churches, and a well- known (6)_________. It is smaller than (7)_______, which is in the (8)________ of England. home town east university London south
1. I came from Cambridge, a beautiful city in the east of England. in the east of… 表示 “ 在 …… 的东方 ” 。 类似的表达如下： in the west of… 表示 “ 在 …… 的西方 ” 。 in the south of… 表示 “ 在 …… 的南方 ” 。 in the north of… 表示 “ 在 …… 的北方 ” 。
2. It is on the river Cam and has a population of about 120,000. 1) on the river Cam 表示 “ 在康桥河 畔 ” ， on 表示在河的沿岸。 2) have a population of … 表示 “ 有 …… 人口 ” 。指人口的多少用 large 或 small 。
3. There are lots of old buildings and churches to visit. lots of 表示 “ 许多，大量的 ” ，后面加可 数名词或不可数名词。 例如： lots of buildings 4. England itself is part of an island,… be part of 表示 “ 是 …… 的一部分 ” 。 e.g. Taiwan is part of China. 台湾是中国的一部分。
5. My home town is especially famous for its university. be famous for 表示 “ 因 …… 而闻名 ” ，后 接闻名的原因。 e.g. Now York is famous for its high buildings. 纽约以高楼大厦而闻名。 He is famous for his novels. 他因他的小说而出名。
1. Where is it? 2. What’s its population? 3. Is it big or small? 4. What is it famous for? 5. How old is it? 6. What is the weather like?
My home town --- Dalian 1. in the northeast of China 2. over six million 3. a big city 4. famous for beaches, the Underwater World, the Bird Park and the P9olar Region Zoo 5. over 100 years old 6. warm in winter and hot in summer
Dalian is in the northeast of China. It has a population of over six million.
It is a big city. It is famous for its beautiful beaches, the Underwater World, the Bird Park and the Polar Region Zoo. It is over 100 years old. Kit is warm in winter and hot in summer in Dalian.
I come from Dalian, a beautiful city in the northeast of China. It has a population of over six million. It is …
My home town is Dalian. It’s an important city in Liaoning Province in the northeast of China. It has a population of over six million. The city is over 100 years old. It has a lot of beautiful beaches like the Tiger Beach and the Bangchui Island Beach. Many people go there for holidays and for swimming every year.
Dalian is famous for Dalian Discoveryland Theme Park and Xinghai Square. They are very interesting and lots of tourists go to visit them. It is warm in winter and hot in summer in Dalian. The temperature doesn’t change very much and it is usually sunny. I think it is a great city.
方向词的短语 in the east of in the west of in the north of in the south of 重点短语 have a population of lots of be famous for
1. 广州在中国的南部。 Guangzhou is ____________ of China. 2. — 香港以什么闻名？ — 太平山。 — What’s Hong Kong ____________? — Victoria Peak. in the south famous for
3. 北京是中国的首都，它比南京人口多。 Beijing is the capital of China, and it has a _________________ than Nanjing. 4. 中国有大约五千年的历史，有大约 13 亿 人。 China is ______ 5,000 years old, ______ about 1.3 billion people. larger population aboutwith
1. Lady Gaga is famous ____ her beautiful voice. （ 2012 福建南平） A. as B. with C. for 2. — _____ the population of China? — It’s about 1.3 billion. (2012 湖南衡阳） A. What’s B. How many is C. How much is C A
3.Project Hope has built many schools ___ big classrooms and libraries. (2012 辽宁大连） A. in B. of C. for D. with D