Presentation on theme: "Section A Period 1 (1a-2d) Unit 8. 1.There be “ 某处有 ( 存在 ) 某人或某物 ” 结构 :There be (is, are, was, were)+ 名词 + 地点状语。 There are forty-eight students in our."— Presentation transcript:
1.There be “ 某处有 ( 存在 ) 某人或某物 ” 结构 :There be (is, are, was, were)+ 名词 + 地点状语。 There are forty-eight students in our class. There is a pencil in my pencil-case. There is a pencil and two rulers in my pencil-case 。 There are two rulers and a pencil in my pencil-case 。
There be 句型否定句式 : 在 be 后加上 “not” 。也可用 “no” 来表示。即： no + （名词） = not a\an\any + （名词） 例如： There is an orange in her bag. →There isn’t an orange in her bag. →There is no orange in her bag.
There be 结构的一般疑问句变化只需 把 be 动词移到句首，再在句尾加上问号即 可。例如： There is some money in her handbag. → Is there any money in her handbag?
( 疑问句和否定句中， some 改为 any, something 改为 anything.) There is something new in today’s newspaper. →There isn’t anything new in today’s newspaper. →Is there anything new in today’s newspaper?
1. —There _______a lot of meat on the plate. Would you like some? —Just a little, please. A. is B. are C. am D. be 2. There _______ some books and a ruler on the desk. A. is B. are C. have D. has A B
知识拓展 例如： I have a lot of books. 我有许多书。 There is some juice in the bottle. 杯里有些果汁。 注意： there be 句型和 have 的区别 : there be 表示某处有某物， have 表示某人有某物 ( 它表示所有、拥 有关系 ) 。
用 have/has, there is/ there are, are there /is there 填空： 1. I________ a good father and a good mother. 2. __________a telescope( 望远镜 ) on the desk. 3. He_________ a tape-recorder. 4. ____________ a basketball on the playground. 5. She__________ some dresses. have There is has There is has
6. They___________ a nice garden. 7. What do you ___________? 8. _____________ a reading-room in the building? 9. What does Mike___________? 10. ______________ any books in the bookcase? have There is have Are there
1a Match the words with the places in the picture. 1. post office ______ 2. police station ____ 3. hotel _______ 4. restaurant ______ 5. bank _______ 6. hospital ______ 7. street _____ 8. pay phone ______ 9. park _______ f a e i c b h g d
1b Listen and circle the places you hear in 1a. 1. post office ______ 2. police station ____ 3. hotel _______ 4. restaurant ______ 5. bank _______ 6. hospital ______ 7. street _____ 8. pay phone ______ 9. park _______
Is there a bank near here? I am in a place I don’t know and I have no money. I have to go to the bank to get some. But I don’t know where the bank is. So I could say:
A: Is there a hospital near here? B: Yes, there is. It’s on Bridge Street.
Make your own dialogue by using the following places. post office library hotel supermarket pay phone Fifth Avenue Bridge Street Center Street
A: Where’s the bank? B: It’s on Long Street. A: Where’s the hotel? B: It’s across from the post office. A: Where’s the pay phone? B: It’s next to the post office.
A: Where’s the police station? B: It’s on Bridge Street. It’s between the restaurant and the hospital. A: Where’s the hospital? B: It’s on Bridge Street. It’s next to the post office. A: Where’s the park? B: It’s behind the hotel.
A: Where’s the post office ? B: It’s on Long Street. A: Where’s the hotel? B: It’s across from the post office, It’s in front of the park. A: Where are the yellow car ? B: It’s on the Long Street.
— Where is she? —She’s ___________ the box.across from
big small — Where is she? — She’s _________________________ _____________ between the big box and the small box.
2a Match the sentences with the pictures. Write each number in the box. 4 6 2 3 5 1
1.The police station is ________ the restaurant and the hospital. 2.The park is ____________ the bank. 3.The hospital is _______ Bridge Street. 4. The pay phone is ______ the post office. 5.The restaurant is _________ the post office. 6.The hotel is ______ the police station. 2b Listening between across from on next to in front of behind
2c Ask and answer questions about the places in 1a on page 43. Where’s the hospital? It’s next to the police station.
2. next to 意为 “ 接近；在 …… 旁边，挨 着 …… 的 ” 。这是一个介词短语，相当 于 beside ，其后常接表示场所、顺序、 价值的名词。 My desk is next to Kate’s. 我的桌子在凯特的邻近。 Which is the town next to London in size? 哪座城市在面积上仅次于伦敦？
3. between... and... 意为 “ 在 …… 和 …… 之间 ” ，既可以表示地点的概念，也可 以表示时间的概念。 There is no parking between 9 am and 6 pm. 上午 9 时至下午 6 时禁止停放机动车辆。 He sits between Row 3 and Row 5. You sit between him and me.
between 是介词，后接人称代词时， 该人称代词必须用宾格形式 You sit between him and me. 你坐在我和他之间。
4. How can I help you? 需要我帮忙吗？ ( 我可以帮您做些 什么 ?) 这是一句向他人伸出援手、主动 提出帮助的套语，此句还可说成： How could I help you? 或 How may I help you?
类似的套语还有： May I help you? (Could/ Can I help you?) Do you need any help? Is there anything I can help (you) with? (Is there anything I can do for you?) What can I do for you?
5. town 表示 “ 所居住的地方 ” 或城市里的 “ 闹市区；城里 ” ，为不可数名词。 例如： My parents are not at home. They’re shopping in town. 我父母不在家，他们在城里买东西。 He lived in a town beside the sea. 他住在一个靠海的城镇。 Would you rather live in a town, or in the country? 你愿意住在城市还是乡下？
6. across from 在 …… 对面 Just across from our house there's a school. 就在我们房子的对面有一所学校。 The post office is just across from the club. 邮局就在那俱乐部对面。
用 across from, next to 或 between … and 完成下列句子。 1. 学校在书店的对面。 The school is __________ the bookshop. 2. 我坐在他旁边。 I sit ___________ him. 3. 我们把这个书桌放在床和椅子之间。 Let’s put the desk _________ the bed ________ the chair. across from next to between and
school book store park bank post office super- market restaurant hotellibrarypayphone schoollibrary bank park hotelrestaurant book store payphone super- market post office Picture 1Picture 2 Memory Challenge What are the differences between the two pictures?