Can you tell me where I can buy some shampoos? Could you tell me how to get to the post office? Could you tell me if there are any good museums in Newtown? Target languages:
Where you can do the following things? Match each thing with a place in the picture. 1a a e d c b a c c c c c d d a a d b ____ buy shampoo ____ get some information about the town ____ get some magazines ____buy some writing paper ____make a telephone call ____buy some stamps ____ get a dictionary ____save money
Listen and complete the conversations. Excuse me. Could you tell me where I can ______________ Excuse me. Could you tell me where I can ______________ Excuse me. Do you know where I can __________? buy some stamps save money Yes. There’s a _________ on ____________. post office Center Street Sure. There’s a ____ on _________. bank Main Street 1b
Tapescripts Girl1: Excuse me. Could you tell me where I can buy some stamps? Boy1: Yes, there’s a post office on Center Street. Girl1: Oh, can you tell me where Center Street is? Boy1: Sure. Go past the bank. Center Street is on your right. Girl1: Thanks a lot. Boy1: No problem. Conversation 1
Girl2: Excuse me. Do you know where I can save money? Boy2: Sure. There is bank on Main Street. Girl2: Oh, could you please tell me how to get there? Boy2: Yes… Go straight ahead. The bank is on your left. Girl2: Thank you. Boy2: You’re welcome. Conversation 2
1. Could you please tell me where the restrooms are? 请你告诉我厕所在哪儿好吗？ Explanation Could you… ？是个句型， could 在此不是过去形 式，它此时表示语气婉转、有礼貌。
(1) Could you lend me your motorbike, please? 请把你的摩托车借给我好吗？ 在希望得到肯定答复的疑问句中，以及在含有表示 建议、请求和征求意见语气的疑问句中, 常用 some 和 something ，而不用 any 和 anything 。 【例】【例】 (2) Could you tell me something about yourself ． 请谈谈你自己好吗？
(3) Would you like to have some apples? 你们要吃苹果吗？ (4) What about saying something about your school? 说说你学校的情况好吗？ (5) Will you please give the poor boy something to eat? 请给那可怜的孩子一点吃的东西好吗？
2. Can you please tell me where I can get a dictionary? 请你告诉我在哪儿能买到字典好吗？ Can you please tell… ，是个句型，它后面可 跟宾语从句，也可跟不定式结构。 can 可换成 could, would, will 。
(2) Would you tell me how much it costs to fly to Canada? 你能告诉我乘飞机去加拿大要多少钱吗？ 【例】【例】 (1) Could you please tell me where we show our tickets? 请告 诉我在哪儿验票好吗？ (3) Will you tell me when we will have a meeting? 请告诉我我们什么时候开会好吗 ?
(4) Can you tell me who the old man is? 你能告诉我那位老人是谁吗 ? (5) Could you tell me how to get to the post office? 你能告诉我到邮局怎么走吗？ (6) Can you tell me what to do next? 你能告诉我下一步怎么做吗？
Make conversations using the information in activity 1a.talk about your own city. 1c PAIRWORK Model A: Excuse me. Can you please tell me where I can get a dictionary? B: Sure. There’s a bookstore on River Road.
Grammar Focus Do you know where I can buy shampoo? Could you tell me how to get to the post office? Can you please tell me where I can get a dictionary? 宾语从句 注：画线部分为宾语从句。