IF 从句主句 与过去情况相 反时 与现在情况相 反时 与将来事实可 能相反时 had done would have done did (be 用 were) would do 1) did 2)should+ 动原 3) were to+ 动原 would do
1.If there were no air, the sky would be black. If I got the information, I would let you know. 2. If we had got enough money, we would have bought it. 3. If you should fall, you would be injured. If it were to rain, we would not go there. If you had a villa, I would marry you. 现在 过去 将来
# Exercises 1. If I __ more time, I would have gone with him. A.had B. had had C. have had D. would have B 2. If I __you, I wouldn’t return the call. A. be B. am C. was D. were D ( 过去 ) ( 现在 )
a. If they ____ (be) here now, they __________ (take) your advice. b. If the world-war _____ (break) out again, what _____________ (happen) to our people on earth? were would take break would happen PRACTICE 1: Fill in the blanks.
c. If I ____ (be) in your position, I _________ (ask) for teacher’s help. were would ask
a. If Tom ________ (be) more careful in the exam, he ________________ (pass) it already. b. If you _______ (get) up earlier, you ________________ (catch) the first train. had been would have passed had got would have caught PRACTICE 2: Fill in the blanks.
c. If I _______ (meet) you yesterday, we ______________ (go) to the concert together. had met would have gone
If he __________ more carefully, he _________________ the car accident yesterday. had driven would not have had
a. If there ________ (be) no natural resource any more, we ___________ (make) use of nuclear power. b. What ____________ (happen) if you ____________ (get up) too late tomorrow? should be would make would happen should get up PRACTICE 3: Fill in the blanks
c. If Robots _____________ (control) the world some day, here ________ (be) no friendship. were to control would be
假如他来了, 我们对他说什么呢？ If he were to come, what should we say to him. 假如他看见我, 就会认识我。 If he should see me, he would know me.
在虚拟条件句中，若有动词 were, should 或 had （ + 过去分词），可 以省略 if, 且把这三个词放在主语之 前，变成倒装句。 If I were a bird, I would fly freely. =Were I a bird, I would fly freely.
1.If you were handsome, I would marry you. 2.If he should come tomorrow, I would give it to him. 3. If it were to snow, I would not go. 4. If he had come yesterday, you would have seen him. Should he come tomorrow, I would give it to him. =Were you handsome, I would marry you. Were it to snow, I would not go. Had he come yesterday, you would have seen him.
3. ____ he finished the work, he would not have been punished. A. If B. were C. had D. has C ( 过去 )
I wish 与过去愿望相反： had done I wish I had seen that film. 与现在愿望相反： did/were I wish I were as handsome as you. 与将来愿望相反： would/could /might+ 动词 原形 I wish I would try again.
3. How I wish I ____ a grown-up! A.were B. had been C. was D. am A ( 现在 )
1. suggest, order, demand, request, desire, insist 等动词后的 宾语从句常用 I suggest (that) he (should) go to see the doctor today. I order that you not disturb others class in class. “ should+ 动词原形 ” ， should 可以省略。
2. It is suggested/desired/ordered/ necessary/important … that 等结构后的主语从句 : It is necessary that we (should) enjoy ourselves to the bars.
3. # It is time that 从句动词一 般用过去时态 e.g. It is time that we went to sleep.
4. should ( might, could, would, need…) have done sth e.g. Ululant, you should not have died so earlier! I need not have cried so much, since I was left so much fortune.
5. as if 引导的状语从句， 有时用虚拟 e.g. She acts as if she were a beauty. 6. if only e.g. If only that I were not so thin. I would rather that you passed away right now. I would rather you had been here yesterday. 7. would rather
3. ---Do you have a computer? ---No, but I wish I __ one. A. have B. had C. having D. have had B 4. ---I feel I am so tired tonight. ---Well, it is time that you___. A. go to bed B. would go to bed C. went to bed D. going to bed C ( 现在 ) ( 特殊 )
5. It is necessary that the lazy boy___ the class meeting. A. will attend B. attends C. attend D. attended C 6. If I had seen the movie, I___ you all about it now. A. would tell B. will tell C. have told D. would have told A ( 特殊 ) ( 错综 )