九年级新目标 Unit 14 Have you packed yet? Reading. He’s already visited the place where his ancestors lived. Have your familiestaken a family photo? Yes.We.
Published byModified 2年之前
Presentation on theme: "九年级新目标 Unit 14 Have you packed yet? Reading. He’s already visited the place where his ancestors lived. Have your familiestaken a family photo? Yes.We."— Presentation transcript:
1. Do you, or someone you know,have family members who live outside China? 2. Have you ever talked about your ancestors with you family? 3. Do you think “ ancestors ” are important? 1. Before You Read
2. While You Read Read and answer the following questions. 1.Where did he go to visit? Guangdong Province in southern China
2.What do they do in their ancestors ’ village? 3.What ’ s the purpose of the In search of Roots summer camp program? It is to give young overseas Chinese the chance to learn more about themselves. A. drink from the village well B. go for walks B. through the countryside C. watch the villagers do their daily activities
3. After You Read 3a. There is one mistake in each sentence. Correct the sentences according to the reading. 1.“In Search of Family” has helped students like Robert Qian find out about their homeland. 2. Most overseas Chinese students in the program have visited China before.
3. Cathy and Robert are still in China, and they think the program was helpful to both of them. 4. The worst part of the trip is going to the village. 5. Watching the villagers makes the students feel embarrassed. 6. Robert Qian was in China. 7. The program begins in 1980. 8. This program helped Cathy Qin understand her roots better.
The right words 1. family roots 2. have haven not 3. was is 4. worst best 5. embarrassed happy 6. was is 7. begins began 8. helped has helped
3b. Number the sentences in the correct order according to the reading. “In Search of Family” has helped students like Robert Qian find out about their homeland. Most overseas Chinese students in the program have visited China before. Cathy and Robert are still in China, and they think the program was helpful to both of them. 2 3 8
The worst part of the trip is going to the village. Watching the villagers makes the students feel embarrassed. Robert Qian was in China. The program begins in 1980. This program helped Cathy Qin understand her roots better. 5 6 1 4 7
Draw your family tree. Present it to you group. Tell them what you know, and share you experiences. 4. Go For It!
If you have time ! Imagine you are Robert. After returning from China, you write a letter to your good friend about the “ In search of Roots ”.
Dear Cathy, I have just returned from a two-week trip to Guangdong Province in Southern China. In the past fourteen days, … I have been to my ancestors ’ village. There, we studied Chinese culture, saw changes that had happened in that area, and visited the interesting things. Thanks to this trip, I am beginning to understand my Chinese roots,Now I am proud of being a Chinese boy. Yours, Robert.
1. This program started in 1980, and so far has brought thousands of overseas Chinese students to China to look for their families ’ roots. so far 意为 “ 到目前为止 ”, 相当于 up to now 或 till now, 可用于句首或句末, 在句中用作 状语, 表示范围、程度或距离。 Explanation
2. Most, like Robert, can hardly speak any Chinese and have never been to China before. 大多数人都像罗伯特一样, 几乎不会说汉语, 以前也 从未来过中国。 (1) hardly 是一个具有否定意义的副词，意为 “ 几乎不； 简直不 ”, 常位于行为动词前，情态动词或助动词 之后。例如： I was so angry that I could hardly speak. 我气得几乎连话也说不出来。 We can hardly believe it. 我们几乎不能相信这件事。
(2) 在反意疑问句中, 陈述部分有 few, hardly ， never, nothing 等表示否定意义的词时， 简略疑问句部分要用肯定形式。例如： There is hardly a cloud in the sky, is there? 天空几乎没有一片云彩，是吗？ 【体验】 Can you speak a little louder? I can ______ hear you. A. hard B. really C. hardly D. clearly C
3. Thanks to In Search of Roots, I ’ m beginning to understand my Chinese roots and who I am. thanks to 是一个固定短语, 多表达一种 原因，意为 “ 由于 ; 多亏了 …… ; 幸好 ……”, to 在此是介词，其后常跟名词或代词。
4.... and I ’ m looking forward to finding out more about my roots during my time here. 我希望在我呆在这儿的这段时间里能更多地 了解我的祖籍。 (1) look forward to 意为 “ 盼望 ; 期望 ”, 其中 to 是介词，后跟名词或动名词形式。 e.g. Jim is looking forward to your party on Sunday. 吉姆期盼着你周日的聚会。
(2) look forward 表示 “ 向前看 ” 时，后可跟动词 不定式。例如： Through the window, he looked forward to see what was happening. 他透过窗户向前看发生了什么事儿。 【体验】 I haven ’ t seen my old friends for years. I ’ m really looking forward ____ them. A. meet B. met C. to meeting D. to meet C
Dashan and his son Dashan’s parents. After searching some information about Dashan’s root, try to write a short passage for it. Homework