Look at the picture of 1a and think about the questions: 1. How many people are there in the picture? 2. Where are they? 3. What are the two girls doing? 4. Can you describe the people in the picture?
1a Match the words with the people in the picture. You can use some letters more than once.
1.short hair ____ 2.curly hair ___ 3.long hair ___ 4.straight hair ____ 5.tall ____ 6.short _____ 7.medium height __ 8.thin ____ 9.heavy ____ 10. medium build ___ g a f a f bh g h a e h g h
What does your brother look like? He’s short. He has short hair and big eyes. What does your sister look like? She’s really tall. She has long straight hair.
A: Is that your friend? B: No, it isn’t. A: What does he look like? Is he tall or short? B: Well, he’s really ____. And he has _________. 1b. Listen and fill in the blanks in the picture above. Can you find Amy’s friend? tall curly hair
Listen to the dialogue of 1b again and try to find the sentence pattern for asking people’s appearance and the sentences for describing people. What does he look like? Is he tall or short? He is really tall. He has curly hair.
He’s tall. He has curly hair. What does he look like?
She’s short. She has long straight hair. What does she look like?
She’s of medium height. She has short curly hair. What does she look like?
He’s tall and heavy. He has short curly hair. What does he look like?
He’s thin. He has short straight hair. What does he look like?
1c. One of the people in the picture is your friend. Describe your friend. Your partner will find him or her.
You may use the following sentences: Is that your friend? No, it isn’t. Is he tall or short? Is he thin or heavy?
He’s of medium height. He has curly hair. What does your friend look like? Is it e? Yes. You’re right.
He’s short. He has short straight hair. What does your friend look like? Is it f? Yes. You’re right.
She’s tall and heavy. She has long straight hair. What does your friend look like? Is it a? Yes. You’re right.
1.Is David tall or short? __________________ 2.Does Sally have long or short hair? _________________ 3. Is peter tall or short? _________________ 2a. Listen and circle the correct answers firstly and then answer the questions in your own words. He is tall. She has long hair. He is short.
DavidSallyPeter is heavy, tall has curly hair short hair short, of medium build of medium height, thin long straight hair 2b. Listen again. Fill in the chart.
Describe David, Sally, Peter’s appearances according to the information of 2b. David is heavy and tall. He has curly hair. Sally is thin and of medium height. She has long straight hair. Peter is short and of medium build. He has short hair.
He’s heavy and he has curly hair. What does David look like? 2c. Student A looks at the chart in 2b. Student B asks student A questions about one of the people and then draws a picture of the person.
She’s thin and of medium height. Is Sally thin or heavy? Does she has long hair? Yes. She has long straight hair.
He’s short and of medium build. Is Peter tall or short? Does he has long hair? No, he doesn’t. He has short hair.
1.Where are Mike and Tony going tonight? _________________________ 2. Where are they meet? ________________________________ 2d. Read the conversation and answer the questions. They’re going to the movie. In front of the cinema.
3. Who is going with them? ______________________________ 4. What does David look like? ______________________________ Mike’s friend David. He is of medium height, and has brown hair and wears glasses.
1. We’re meeting at seven, right? 我们七 点见，对吗 ? 1) meet 相当于汉语中 “ 集合；见面；碰 头；聚集 ” 。如： Let’s meet at the school gate tomorrow at eight. 让我们明天八点在校门口集合。
2) right 表示 “ 对吗，是吧 ” ，用来表示对 此前陈述内容进行确认和核实。全句 为 Is that right? 口语中常用不完整的 句子表达意见或想法。
2. …, but I may be a little late. a little 意为 “ 有点儿 ” ，用来修饰形容词。 e.g. It’s a little cold tonight. 【拓展】 a little 意为 “ 一些；少许 ” 后 跟不可数名词。 e.g. There’s a little meat in the bowl. 碗里有点肉。
3. Well, he has brown hair and wears glasses. glass 作 “ 玻璃 ” 讲时，是不可数名词；作 “ 玻璃杯 ” 讲时为可数名词；而 glasses 则 是 “ 眼镜 ” 之意。 e.g. Glass is broken easily. 玻璃很易碎。 There’s no water in your glass. 你的杯子里没有水了。 Does she wear glasses? 她戴眼镜吗？
4. He isn’t tall or short. 他不高也不矮。 英语在受到否定概念限定的部分中一般 不用 and, 而用 or 。 e.g. I don’t have any brothers or sisters. 我没有兄弟和姐妹。 在以上这种用法中， or 相当于 and not 。 试比较： Sophie never cleans or even offers to wash the dishes. =Sophie never cleans and does not even offer to wash the dishes. 索菲从不 打扫房间，甚至从不主动洗碗。
1. —What does your aunt ____ ____? — She has long ______ hair. And she is ____ ________ height. She’s a little _______. look like of medium curly I. 看图补全对话。 heavy
2. —What does your math teacher ____ ____? — He has ______ straight _____. He’s ______ and of ________ build. — Does he wear _______? — Yes, he does. look like short hair shortmedium glasses
II. 根据句意及所给汉语提示，写出句中 所缺单词。 1. She wants to buy a pair of _______ ( 眼 镜 ). 2. There is a(n) ________ ( 电影院 ) in front of the supermarket. 3. Can you come to my birthday party ________ ( 今晚 )? glasses cinema tonight
Your consent to our cookies if you continue to use this website.