Read aloud son uncle photo these they mum left dad right who woman next 儿子 叔叔 照片 这些 她们 妈妈 左边 爸爸 右边 谁 妇女 紧挨着 [ s ʌ n ] [ ʌ ŋkl ] [ fəutəu ] [ ði:z ] [ ðei ] [ m ʌ m ] [ left ] [ dæd ] [ rait ] [ hu: ] [ wumən ] [ nekst ]
Read aloud hunsband front those 丈夫 前面 那些 [ h ʌ zbənd ] [ fr ʌ nt ] [ ðəuz ]
1. My father and mother are my__________. 2. My grandfather and grandmother are my ______________. Vocabulary parents grandparents 3. My parents’ parents are my ____________. 4. My father’s father is my _____________. 5. My father’s mother is my ____________. grandparents grandfather grandmother
6. My father’s brother is my__________. 7. My father’s sister is my ___________. 8. My mother’s brother is my ____________. uncle aunt 9. My mother’s sister is my _____. 10. My mother’s father is my __________. 11. My mother’s mother is my ____________. aunt grandfather grandmother
Free talk How many people are there in your family? Who are they ?
It’s a photo of Jimmy’s family. Jimmy grandfathergrandmother grandparents father mother parents
A: How many people areJimmy’s are there in Jimmy’s family? B: A: Who are they? B: Oral practice There are five. They are his grandfather, his grandmother, his father, his mother and him.
A: How many people are there in your family? B: There are …. A: Who are they? B: They are my …, my … and me. A: Is this your mother ? B: Yes. My mother is on the left. Practice with your partner.
Listen and complete the sentences (Act 1) Daming: Is your family big,Tony ? Tony: Yes, it is. Look! This is a photo of my family. These are my ______________. These are my two ____________and my two_____________. My mum’s Parents are on the left, and my dad’s ________are on The right. These are my two _____and this is my_____. Daming: Is this your sister ? Tony: Yes, this is my ______at the front. Her name’s Linda. grandparents grandfathersgrandmothers parents uncles aunt sister
grandmother grandfather grandmother grandfather father mother aunt uncle cousin Tony sister This is a photo of Tony’s family. This is Tony’s …
grandmothe r grandfather grandmother grandfathe r uncle aunt mothe r father uncle siste r Tony cousi n Listen and check ( ) in Activity 1 the people Tony mentions. √ 2 √ √ √ √ √ √ √ √
Listen and choose the best answers ( ) 1. Whose family are they talking about ? A.Tony’s family B. Lingling’s family C. Betty’s family ( ) 2. How many grandparents are there in this family ? A.Two B. Three C. Four ( ) 3. Where is my aunt Liz ? A. Next to my mum. B. Next to my dad. C. In front of Paul Act3 A C A
Listen and read. L: Is this your family? T: Yes, it is. L: What a big family! Is this your sister? T: Yes, it is. Her name is Linda. L: Are these your grandparents? T: Yes, they are. My mum’s parents are on the left, and my dad’s parents are on the right. L: I see. Who’s this? L=Ling ling T=Tony
T: That’s my dad. L: Is this you mum. T: Yes. The woman next to her is my dad’s sister, my aunt Liz. L: Is this her husband? T: No, that’s her brother, my uncle Paul. L: Who are the boy and the girl in front of Paul? T: Those are Paul’s son and daughter, my cousins, Mike and Helen.
choose the correct answer: 1. Linda is Tony’s sister / cousin. 2. Liz is Tony’s mother / aunt. 3. Paul is Tony’s dad / uncle. 4. Mike is Tony’s cousin / brother.
Is this your mother? Yes, it is. Are these your parents? No, they aren't. Who are the boy and the girl? They are my cousins.
Underline the correct words Tony has a big family. In the photo his father’s parents are on the (1) left / right and his mother’s parents are on the (2) left / right. Mike and Helen are Tony’s cousins and they’re (3) in front of / next to Paul. Paul is Liz’s (4) husband / brother.
/h/ Helen her husband /b/ boy brother /p/ parent Paul Listen and repeat hello hair have bag back Bible park pass police
Show us your family photo, ask and answer questions about your family. Show time -Is this your dad ？ -No, it isn’t. That’s my uncle. -Are these your grandparents ？ -Yes, they are/ No, they aren’t.
例如： This is my bike, and that is her bike. These are my books, and those are his books. Language points this ， these ， that ， those 称为 指示代词, 用 来指示或标示人或事物，其中, this 和 that 为 单数, these 和 those 为复数。另外, this 和 these 用来指离自己较近的人或物, that 和 those 用来指离自己较远的人或物。 指示代词的用法
当指示代词所指的事物已确定时，后面 的指示代词指人时用 he, she, they 来代 替，指物时用 it 和 they 来代替。 如： ----Is this your book? --Yes, it is. ----Are these your uncles? --No, they aren’t.
Useful expressions 1. on the left 在左边， on the right 在右边， 是表示方位的介词短语，不仅可以用来描述 人物之间的位置关系，还可用来描述事物之 间的位置关系。 例如： My bed is on the right, and his is on the left. and his is on the left.
2. in front of, 在 ……( 范围之外的 ) 前面, in the front of, 在 ……( 范围之内的 ) 前面 例 例： My teacher is in front of the classroom. ( 说明老师在教室的外面） My teacher is in the front of the classroom. ( 说明老师在教室的里面）
3. next to 是介词短语， “ 紧挨着，紧靠着 ” 。 例如： The old man next to my sister is my grandfather. 我妹妹旁边的老人是我的祖父。 The girl next to me is my best friend. 我旁边那个女孩是我最要好的朋友。
4. What a big family! 真是一个大家庭啊！ 这是一个省略了的感叹句，完整形式是 : What a big family it is! 基本句型结构： 例： What a fine day it is! 今天天气真好 ! What + a(an) + ( 形容词 ) + 单数可数名词 + 主语 + 谓语
is a photo of Tony’s family. ____ is a photo of Tony’s family. His mother’s parents are on the ___, and his father’s parents are on the ____. The woman ____ __ his mum is Liz. The boy and girl ___ ____ __ Paul are Mike and Helen. Look at the photo of Tony’s family, and complete the sentences. This left rightnextto inoffront Exercise
1. --“Look! Do you know ___ man under the tree?” the tree?” --“Sorry, It’s too far to see___ clearly”. ( ) --“Sorry, It’s too far to see___ clearly”. ( ) A. this, him B. that, him C. this, her A. this, him B. that, him C. this, her 2. --Look ! What’s ____ in the sky? -- It looks like a kite. ( ) -- It looks like a kite. ( ) A. this B. that C. those A. this B. that C. those B B
Homework 1. Ask and answer questions by using the following sentences. the following sentences. -Is this your …? -No, it isn’t. -Is this your …? -No, it isn’t. -Are these your …? -Yes, they are. -Are these your …? -Yes, they are. 2. Use the demonstrative pronouns proficiently. proficiently.