2a Who is the most talented person you know? What can he/she do? A: I think…is the most talented person. B: What can he/she do? A: He/She can….
2b Read the passage in 30 seconds. Which three talent shows are mentioned? 1. American Idol 美国偶像 3. China’s Got Talent 中国达人秀 2. America’s Got Talent 美国达人秀
2c Read the passage again in 3 minutes and find the answers to the questions. 1. What do talent shows have in common? 2. Who decides the winners? 3. Why do some people not like these shows? 4. Why do some people like these shows?
2. Who decides the winner? __________________________________ The people who watch it. 1. What do talent shows have in common? __________________________________ They try to look for the best singers, the most talented dancers, the most exciting magicians, the funniest actors and so on.
3. Why do some people not like these shows? ____________________________________ 4. Why do some people like these shows? ____________________________________ ___________________________________ ___________________________________ Because some people think that the lives of the performers are made up. Because they are fun to watch, and they give people a way to make their dreams come true.
Listening Close the book, listen to the tape, and try to understand the meanings of the passage in 2b.
have … in common 有相同特征；（想法、兴趣等方面）相同 the key vocabulary 1. All these things have one thing in common.
all kinds of +n. (pl) 各种类型的；各种各 样的 2. the most exciting magicians magician n. 魔术师 3. All kinds of people join these shows.
4. sing the most beautifully. beautifully adv. 美好地；漂亮地 beautiful ( 形容词 ) + ly →beautifully ( 副词 )
5. That’s up to you to decide. be up to sb. 由某人决定；是某人的职责 句子的主语可以是 it / this / that 。
6. And the winner always gets a very good prize. win(n) + er →winner winner n. 获胜者，优胜者 prize n. 奖，奖品，奖金 win/get a prize 得到奖励 prize winner
7. When people watch the show, they usually play a role in deciding the winner. e.g. He plays an important role in playing the basketball game. 在打篮球比赛中他起 着重要的作用。 role n. 作用；职能；角色 play a role in doing sth. 在做某事发挥作用，有影响
8. However, not everybody enjoys watching these shows. not+ everybody 表示部分否定 everybody pron. 每人，人人，所有人 谓语用第三人称单数
9. Some think that the lives of the performers are made up. make up 编造（故事；谎言） be made up 被编造 10. for example 例如
11. However, if you don’t take these shows too seriously, they are fun to watch. serious ( 形容词 ) + ly →seriously ( 副词 ) seriously adv. 严重地；严肃地；认真地 the most seriously e.g. We must take the test seriously. 我们必须认真对待考试。 take…seriously 认真对待
常用词组： give sb. sth. / give sth. to sb. 给某人某物 12. give v. 提供；给 e.g. Please give me some money. = Give some money to me, please. 请给我一些钱。
talent n. 天资；天赋 winner n. 获胜者；优胜者 magician n. 魔术师 beautifully adv. 美好地，漂亮地 role n. 作用；职能；角色 winner n. 获胜者，优胜者 prize n. 奖，奖品，奖金 everybody pron. 每人，人人， 所有人 example n. 实例，范例 poor adj. 贫穷的，清贫的 seriously adv. 严重地，严肃地， 认真地 give v. 提供，给 have … in common 有相同特征；（想法、 兴趣等方）相同 all kinds of 各种类型的 be up to 是 …… 的职责； 由 …… 决定 play a role 发挥作用，有 影响 make up 编造 for example 例如 take…seriously 认真对 待 Key Vocabulary
Target Language ① All these things have one thing in common. ② That’s up to you to decide. ③ When people watch the show, they usually play a role in deciding the winner. ④ However, if you don’t take these shows too seriously, they are fun to watch.
Your consent to our cookies if you continue to use this website.