Talk about these questions: 1. Who is Lao She? 2. What do you know about Lao She? 3. What works of Lao She have you read? 4. Have you ever heard about his play Teahouse? 5. What do you think people can do in Lao She Teahouse?
Where do you think Lingling and Sally went, and why? Beijing Opera play teahouse 1
a. “All right, you can come with us.” b. “ Would you like us to take you to Lao She Teahouse?” c. “I’d like to go to the teahouse again one day.” d. “Can we come and see the teahouse?” e. “Let’s stay longer.” “OK.” f. “We’re only going to stay for some tea.” 1 2 3 4 5 6 2 Listen and number the sentences as you hear them.
Listen again and check the sentences. 1. Sally wanted to see some Beijing Opera so her parents took her there. 2. Lingling likes Beijing Opera, too. 3. Sally understood Beijing Opera very well. 4. Teahouse is Lao She’s play. F F F T
Choose the best answer for each sentence. 1. Sally and _____ went to Lao She Teahouse last night. A. Tony B. Lingling C. Betty 2. Sally’s main interest is _______. A. music B. maths C. English 3. Sally _____ understand Beijing Opera. A. didn’t B. could C. almost didn’t
4. — How long did they stay? — They stayed for _____. A. 3 hours B. 2 hours C. 1 hour 5. Lao She was a(n) ________. A. actor B. waiter C. writer
1. Sally’s main interest is music. 萨莉的主要兴趣是音乐。 interest 作名词时，意为 “ 兴趣，趣味 ” 。 take (an) interest in… 对 …… 发生兴趣 places of great interest 名胜 interested 和 interesting 是形容词。
interested 意为 “ 感兴趣的 ” ，但一般不单独使用，常用于 短语。 be interested in “ 对 …… 感兴趣 ” 。 I’m interested in English. 我对英语感兴趣。 interesting 意为 “ 有趣的 ” ，在句子中可以作表语，亦可作 定语。 This is an interesting book. 这是一本有趣的书。
2. So my parents offered to take us there. 因此，我的父母主动带我们去那里。 ① offer sb. sth. = offer sth. to sb. 给某人提供某物 The old man offered me a nice room. 这位老人给我提供了一个不错的房间。 ② offer to do sth 提出要做某事 She offered to buy a colour TV. 她提出要买一台彩电。
3. So my parents agreed to take us. 因此我父母同意带我们去。 agree to 的用法： ① to 作为动词不定式符号，其后跟动词原形，作 “ 同意 （答应）做 …… ” 解； My mother agreed to buy a new pen for me. 母亲答应给我买支新钢笔。
② to 作介词，其后跟表示 “ 计划，条件，建议 ” 之类的 名词或代词。 They have agreed to our plan. 他们已同意我们的计划。
True (T) or False (F). 1. Sally, her parents and Lingling went to Lao She Teahouse last night. 2. Sally didn’t want to see Beijing Opera. 3. Lingling wanted to see the teahouse. 4. Sally understood Beijing Opera well. 5. They had a good time. 6. Betty knows Lao She very well.
Answer the questions. 1. What does Sally like to do? 2. Why did Sally want to go to Lao She Teahouse? 3. Why did Lingling want to go to the Teahouse? She likes to listen to music. To see some Beijing Opera. To see the Teahouse. 4
4. How much did Sally understand? 5. Why do you think they decided to stay for two hours? 6. What does Sally want to do next time? 7. Have Betty and Tony ever heard of Lao She? Not very much. Because it was interesting. To understand more. They’ve never heard of him.
Match the sentences in Activity 2 with these sentences. 1. She offered to take us there. 2. They planned to stay for some tea. 3. They decided to stay longer. 4. We wanted to see the teahouse. 5. I hope to go there again one day. 6. My parents agreed to take us. agree decide hope offer plan want b f e d c a 你能总结出它们的用法吗 ? 5
Answer the questions. Use the words in the box. 1 Did they plan to stay for two hours? 2 What is Lao She most famous for? 3 Did Sally find the opera easy to understand? 4 What’s Sally’s interest? especially impossible main only No, they only planned to have some tea. He’s especially famous for Teahouse. No, she found it impossible to understand. Her main interest is music. 6
Make true sentences for you. 1. I have decided to ________ next week. 2. They offered to _____ for me. 3. My hope is to _________ one day. 4. My parents agreed to ____________ on Saturday. 8 do sports cook be a singer go for a walk
I hope to ______________________ bags one day. design the most beautiful
I wanted to _______________________________________. sit in the balloon and travel all over the world
My parents offered to _____________________. buy a VCD player for us
They agreed to ____________________. look after these pandas
live with kinds of animals and make friends with them My hope is to _______________ ________________________________.
I have decided to ____________________. learn to play the guitar
Think of an event in your life and describe it. I wanted to… My parents offered to… They agreed to… I hope to … 9
一、用所给单词的适当形式填空。 1. She asked me ______ (wait) for her at the cinema. 2. I enjoy ________ (listen) to the radio in the evening. 3. It is not easy _______ (learn) a foreign language. 4. He agreed _____ (get) someone to help us. to wait listening to learn to get
5. I told him _________ (not play) in the street. 6. Would you like ______ (come) with me? 7. Your task is ______ (find) the cost of the hotel. 8. Should I ___ (go) home now? 9. I’m glad _____ (see) you again. 10. He needs ______ (buy) a new bike. not to play to come to find go to see to buy
1. Did you have a good time last Sunday? （改为同义句） Did you ______ _______ last Sunday? 2. Lao She wrote Teahouse. He became famous. （合并为 一句） Lao She ____ _______ ___ Teahouse. 二、按要求进行句式转换。 enjoyyourself was famousfor
3. It is possible for us to finish the work in three hours. （改为否定句） It __ __________ for us to finish the work in three hours. 4. Tourists need to wear warm clothes in winter. （改为否定 句） Tourists _____ ____ to wear warm clothes in winter. isimpossible don’tneed