一：主＋系＋表 Mary is in China. 二： 主＋谓 Class begins. 三： 主＋谓＋宾 He likes English very much. 四：主＋谓＋双宾 She lent me a useful dictionary. 五：主＋谓＋宾＋宾补 We elected Tom monitor. 简单句
并列句＝简单句＋连词＋简单句 Her brother is a doctor and her sister is a teacher. He made a promise, but he didn’t keep it. Do you want to leave now or would you rather set off later? The car broke down, so we had to find a telephone.
主从复句 ＝主句＋连词＋从句 Where I put the book hasn’t been decided. He said that he was on the way to success. The fact is that he gave it up too early. The news that they won the match is true. The place where I’ll put the book is where you lay it. I’ll put the book where you lay it. 主 宾 表 同 定、表 状
when, while, as 1. when+ 终止性、延续性动词 while+ 延续性动词 While /When I was sleeping, the teacher came in. =When the teacher came in, I was sleeping. 2. as ( 一边 … 一边 ; 随着 ) He sings as he works. We get wiser as we get older.
※ ※ ※※ ※ ※ when ( 就在这时 ) Sb. was doing sth when… Sb. was about to do sth when… =Sb. was on the point of doing sth when… Sb. had just done sth. when… I was thinking of this when I heard my name heard. I was about to go out when the bell rang.
1 ．时间状语从句注意点 ___________l was walking down the street ， I saw some policemen ． _______they heard the news ， they were surprised ． ______the child was playing with his toys ， his parents were watching TV. They shouted slogans ____they passed the square. We get wiser as we get older. when 表示从句动作和主句动作同时发生，或先于主句动作； while 表示从句的动作与主句动作同时发生，并有延续的含义； as 从句动作与主句动作相并发生，常译为 “ 边 … 边 …/ 随着 ” 。 When/While When While as 1) when ／ while ／ as 的用法。
He had hardly arrived when it began to snow ． Hardly _____________when it began to snow ． We had hardly walked into the hall when the lecture started ． Hardly _______ walked into the hall when the lecture started ． _______________she gone to sleep than the telephone rang once more ． _______________the boy reached the door than he came back ． had he arrived had we No sooner had 2) 含有关连词组 hardly…when 和 no sooner…than 的两种句子结构表示 “ 一 …… 就 ……” 。 当 hardly 或 no sooner 位于句首时，要倒装。
3) 一些表示时间的名词词组, 如 any time, each time, every time, the first/last time, next time,by the time 等, 也用于引导时间状 语从句，这时它们担当着连接词的功能。 ______________he went to Shanghai, he paid a visit to his former teacher ． A. For the first time B. The first time ___________l saw him, I thought of his father ． A. The moment B. At the moment The first time Every time Each time he came, he would bring us a lot of flowers ． By the time he was 14, he had read a lot of books.
before, since, when It will be/was + 时间段 +before+ 一般现在／过去 过了 … 才（会）发生 It won’t be long before he finishes his writing. It is/has been + 时间段 +since 一般过去时 从 … 起已经多久 It has been two years since he came here. It will be/was + 时间点 +when+ 一般现在／过去 It was ten o’clock when he came back.
till/until/not…until 1. 肯定句 1. 肯定句 I waited till/until he came back. ２．否定句 ２．否定句 I didn’t go to bed until he came back. ３． not…until 强调＆倒装 ３． not…until 强调＆倒装 It was not until 1936 that basketball became a part of the Olympics Games. It was not until 1936 that basketball became a part of the Olympics Games. Not until I received the letter, did I know he had gone to America. Not until I received the letter, did I know he had gone to America.
2 ． 条件状语从句注意点 You will improve your oral English if you keep on practising ． He will never make progress _______he works hard ． A. if B. unless If I _____you, I would give up smoking at once ． A. was B. am C. is D. were 1)if 和 unless 是最常用的条件从句连接词， 2)unless 在意义上等于 “if…not” ，并且语气较强。 3)if 可用于虚拟条件句， unless 则一般不用于虚拟条 件句。 unless were
4) in case( 如果，万一 ) 后接一般现在时、一般过去时或 should ，它所引导的从句为主句的动作提供理由。 Please take your raincoat along with you in case it rains. He always slept by the phone in case she rang during the night ． Don't go out tomorrow morning in case Mr Li should come to visit you ．
4)in case( 如果，万一 ) → 条件状语从句 In case he comes, let me know. In case I forget, please remind me of my promise in case （唯恐，以防） → 目的状语从句 Be quite in case you wake the baby.
条件状语从句 5. as/so long as, only if (if only) Only if he has a chance … will he do great things. If only you had worked more carefully! 6. providing/provided (that) suppose/supposing (that) on condition that
3. 让步状语从句 1.even if, even though( 语气最强 ) He will come even if he is ill. He came even though he was ill. 2. although( 次之 )/ though( 最弱。 ) +yet / still Though I believe it, yet I must consider. 3. as/though adj./adv./n.( 无冠词 ) /v.( 原形 )+as+ 主 + 谓
Though she is young, she knows so much about life. Young as ／ though she is, she knows so much about life. Though they fought bravely, they had no chance of winning. Bravely as ／ though they fought, they had no chance of winning. Though he is a child, he can speaks three languages. Child as ／ though he is, he can speaks three languages.
4. no matter wh-=wh-ever He couldn’t get there on time however fast he drove. 5. whether…or (not) Whether you are busy or not, you must attend the meeting. 6. while While the hotel is expensive, it is very comfortable. 7. though (adv.) He said he would help me; he didn’t, though.
3 ．让步状语从句注意点 Whatever happens ， we will not change our mind ． No matter what happens ， we will not change our mind ． However difficult the work is, we will try our best to finish it in time. No matter how difficult the work is, we will try our best to finish it in time. 1) whatever (whenever, however…) 和 no matter what (when ， how…) 这两种形式都可引导让步状 语从句，意义无差异。
2) 形容词／副词／名词 +as ／ though 可引导一个让步状语从 句，表示强调。 Though she is young, she knows so much about life. Young as ／ though she is, she knows so much about life. Though they fought bravely, they had no chance of winning. Bravely as ／ though they fought, they had no chance of winning. Though he is a child, he can speaks three languages. Child as ／ though he is, he can speaks three languages.
3) even if ／ even though ／ although ／ though 都作 “ 虽然 ” 、 “ 尽 管 ” 解释，但是 even if 和 even though 所表示的让步语气最强， although 次之， though 最弱。 He will never tell you the truth even if he knows it ． The old woman is unhappy though she has a lot of money ．
Fill in the blanks with conjunctions. 1) I was persuaded to do the job, ________________________ I didn't want to. 2) I talked to Henry _____ the football players were resting in the middle of the game. 3) The students listened carefully _______ they should fail to follow the speaker. 4) _________ she got anything to eat, she would save it for her children. 5) They promised to wait _________ the clock struck twelve. even though/ although / though while in case Each time until/till
6) Hard _____ the task is, he is determined to finish it. 7) _________________ she may have told you, I still think she is not to be trusted. 8) I will not buy it _______ the price is fair. 9) The parent birds will not go their separate ways _______ the young birds leave the nest. 10) The pianist waited for silence _______ he began to play. as Although / Though unless until/till before
Read the sentences and say which underlined clause is (a) time, (b) condition, or (c) concession. 1 If you go into a school or university anywhere, the chances are you will see students in Li Ning tracksuits with the familiar logo. 2 Whenever Chinese athletes step out onto the track during the 2008 Olympics, they will be wearing Li Ning tracksuits. 3 But even if he had won everything it was possible to win in his sport, Li Ning retired with the feeling that he had failed. Keys: 1 b 2 a 3 c
Choose the best words to complete the sentences. 1 _____ you arrive early, you'll get a good seat, (a) Although(b) If (c) However 2 I will not play golf on Saturday ____ the weather gets better, (a) although(b) when (c) unless 3 I enjoy watching table tennis, ____ I don't play it. (a) even if(b) unless (c) until 4 ____ there were many good gymnasts, there weren't many schools for them, (a) Although(b) If (c) When b c a a
5 You can come to the match with me ____ you are here before 12. (a) until (b) as long as (c) although 6 Beckham is a good footballer, ____ he isn't in the same class as Pele. (a) even (b) unless (c) though 7 _____ much I practise I shall never win an Olympic gold medal, (a) Although(b) However (c) Whatever b c b
Complete the sentences with the words and phrases in the box. as soon as before ever since until whenever while 1 I want to stay ______ the match has finished. 2 __________he was a boy, Pele had a dream. 3 Yao Ming scored _______ the first minute had passed. 4 The phone rang ______ I was getting changed. 5 It was clear who the winner would be __________ the race started. 6 __________ I see a volleyball match I want to join in! until Ever since before while as soon as Whenever
Complete the sentences with information about yourself. 1 Before I________________________. 2 Ever since I_______________________. 3 Whenever I_________________________. 4 While I___________________________. 5 I won't ________________ until I _______. 6 Soon after_________I will_____________. Now show your sentences to your partner.
Complete the phrases with the prepositions in the box. Example: I spoke to a girl who has brown eyes. I spoke to a girl with brown eyes. from in on with a girl ____ a Li Ning tracksuit a journalist ______ a national channel a child _____ eyes a young man ______ a bike in from with on
Rewrite the sentences with prepositional phrases. 1 Did you see the boy who's wearing the David Beckham shirt? Did you see the boy in the David Beckham shirt? 2 A student who was wearing Nike trainers stood at the door. A student with Nike trainers on stood at the door.
3 I don't know the girl who's got long hair and blue eyes. I don't know the girl with long hair and blue eyes. 4 "Look at that boy." "The one riding the motorbike? " "Look at that boy." "The one on the motorbike? "
5 A man carrying a baseball bat walked into the room. A man with a baseball bat walked into the room. 6 An official who works at the ministry came to speak to us. An official from the ministry came to speak to us.
7 I was stopped by a man wearing a blue suit. I was stopped by a man in a blue suit. 8 That's my friend who's a member of the local sports club. That's my friend who's in the local sports club.
Your consent to our cookies if you continue to use this website.