2b. Listen, read and match. Anna There is a zoo in my neighborhood. I like to spend time there on weekends. I love to watch the monkeys climbing around. The monkeys sometimes fight. They look like my friends and me when we fight! To get there, I usually walk out and turn right on bridge Road. Then I walk out and turn right on Bridge Road. Then I walk along Bridge Road. The zoo is on the right.
John I live near a supermarket. My parents usually shop there. There is a big park across from the supermarket. I often exercise at the park because I love the clean air and sunshine. The best things in life are free! To get to the park, you just have to cross Center Street.
Lisa I live in a noisy neighborhood. There is a post office between my house and a clothes store. But my favorite place is the library. It is very quite and I enjoy reading there. When I read books, time goes quickly! You can get to the library easily. Just go down North Road and turn left. It is across from the park.
Read the passages. Match each passage with a map. AnnaLisa John
Read the first passage and answer the questions. Where does Anna like to spend time on weekends? ___________________________________ 2. What animal does Anna love to watch? ___________________________________ 3. How does Anna get to the zoo? ___________________________________ She likes to spend time in the zoo. She loves to watch monkeys. Turn right on Bridge Road. Then walk along Bridge Road. The zoo is on the right.
Read the second passage and answer the questions below. 1. Where does John live? _______________________________ 2. Where is the big park? ______________________________ 3. Where does John often exercise? ______________________________ 4. How does John get to the park? _______________________________ He lives near a supermarket. It’s across from the supermarket. He often exercises in the park. He has to cross the Center Street.
Read the third passage and answer the questions below. 1.Where is the post office? _______________________________ 2. What’s Lisa’s favorite place? ______________________________ 3. Can Lisa get to the library easily? ______________________________ It is between Lisa’s house and a clothes store. The library. Yes, she can.
2c. Read the passages again and answer the questions. 1. What does Anna like doing in the zoo? 2. Does Anna think monkeys are like people? Why? 3. What does John like to do at the park? 4. John thinks the best things do not need money. Do you think so, too? 5. How does Lisa get to the library from her home?
1. Anna likes watching the monkeys climbing around. 2. Yes. Anna thinks that when the monkeys are fighting, they look like her friends fighting. 3. John likes to exercise at the park. 4. Yes. I agree with John. 5. Lisa walks to the library. She goes down North Road and then turns left. The library is across from the park.
There is a zoo in Anna’s neighborhood. She likes to spend time there on weekends. She loves to watch the monkeys climbing around. The monkeys sometimes fight. To get there, she usually walks out and turns right on Bridge Road. Then she walks along Bridge Road. The zoo is on the right. Bridge Road
John lives near a supermarket. His parents usually shop there. There’s a big park across from the park. He often exercises in the park because he loves the clean air and sunshine. To get the park, he has to cross the street.
Lisa lives in a noisy neighborhood. There is a post office between her house and a clothes store. But her favorite place is the library. It is very quiet and she enjoys reading there. When she reads books, times goes quickly. To get to the library easily, just go down North Road and turn left. It’s across from the park. North Road
1. neighborhood 意为 “ 附近 ; 附近地区 ; 街坊 ” e.g. 我的街坊们都很友好。 My neighborhoods are friendly. in the neighborhood 在附近 e.g. 在附近有一家中国餐馆。 There is a Chinese restaurant in the neighborhood. Language points
2. To get to the park, you just have to cross Center Street. to get to the park 是目的状语前置，此句子 中的 just 起增强语气的作用，和此处的 have to 表示 “ 只要，仅需 ” 。
3. It is very quiet and I enjoy reading there. enjoy 表示 “ 从中得到乐趣；欣赏；喜欢 ” ， 后接动词时候，动词用 -ing 形式，即 enjoy doing …, 表示喜欢做某事，享受做某事带来的乐趣。 e.g. I enjoying listening to soft music. 我喜欢听轻柔的音乐。 拓展： enjoy oneself 表示 “ 玩的高兴，愉快 ” e.g.: Our classmates enjoy ourselves.
4. Take a walk through the park 在公园里散散步。 walk 在短语中的词性是名词， talk a walk 意为 “ 散步 ” 。 through 是介词， 意思是 “ 穿过, 从 …… 中通过 ” 。 链接 : (1) walk 在英语中有两种词性, 例如： 作名词， take a walk / go for a walk 散步 ; 还可以作动词， walk to school 走路上学。
(2) across/through/over 这三个词都有 “ 穿过, 通过 ” 的意思，但 across 它着重从某物的表面 “ 横过，穿过， 从一边到另一边 ” ；而 through 强调从空间 内的一头纵穿到另一头，意思是 “ 穿过， 从 …… 中通过 ”, over 多指从物体上空通过。
5. spend 花费（时间、金钱等）。 1) spend + ( 时间、金钱 ) + on sth. e.g. 杰克每天花很多时间做作业。 Jack spends a lot of time on his homework. 2) spend + ( 时间、金钱 ) + doing sth. e.g. 我妹妹每天花很多时间读书。 My sister spends much time reading books. 4. money 是不可数名词, 作单数看 e.g. 钱是重要的，但并不是一切。 Money is important, but it isn’t everything.
6. free “ 免费的 ” e.g. 这些书都是免费的。 These books are free. 【拓展】 free 空闲的；（反义词） busy e.g. 格林先生本周不忙。 Mr. Green isn’t busy this week. 或 (Mr. Green is free this week.)
7. easily 容易地 ( 副词 )(easy + ly → easily) e.g. 公共汽车站离这里很近，你能很容易 地找到。 The bus stop is not far from here. You can find it easily.
8. To get there, I usually walk out and turn right on Bridge Road. 这是英语行文的一种方式，在句子开 头用 to do… 短语，并用逗号将其与句子 的主体部分隔开，相当于汉语 “ （若）要 做 …… 的话 ” 。 e.g. To listen to world news, please key in “1”. 若要收听国际新闻，请键入 “1” 。
例如： They walk across the bridge. 他们步行走过了这座桥。 He walks through the park. 他步行穿过公园。 The birds fly over the city. 鸟儿从城市上空飞过。
用 across 和 through 填空。 Go ______ the bridge. Light comes in _________ the window. 解析 : “ 穿过桥 ” 是从桥的表面横跨； “ 光线透过窗户照进来 ” 强调光从窗户中通过。 across through
1. I want to buy a pen. Give me some _____, mom? 2. Alice always ______ an hour playing the guitar. 3. It’s sunny today. The _______ is really nice. 4. They found the post office ______. 5. Grace ______ playing computer games very much. 6. Please have some fruit. It’s _____. sunshine money easily spends 选词填空。 enjoy, free, spend, easily, money, sunshine enjoys free
1. Put the sentences into English. 1) 邮局在哪里？在超市旁边。 2) 这附近有图书馆吗？有, 在第五大街上。 3) 银行在哪里？在旅馆和电子游戏中心。 4) 附近有公园吗？有, 在学校对面。 5) 电话亭在哪里？在邮局旁边。 2. Write a tour guide for your neighborhood. Homework