Presentation on theme: "The concert hall which moved. 1. lift (vt.) 举起 ----The man was lifted from the sea by a helicopter. ----He lifted the suitcase down from the rack( 行李架."— Presentation transcript:
1. lift (vt.) 举起 ----The man was lifted from the sea by a helicopter. ----He lifted the suitcase down from the rack( 行李架 ). ----He stood there with his arms ______ (lift) above his head. (n.) ①电梯 ----Take the lift to the top floor, 你就能俯瞰整个城市。 and you can have a bird’s eye view of the whole city. ②顺便搭载 (=ride) ----Could you give me a lift to the pharmacy( 药店 )? lifted
2. *originally (ad.) 原来 ; 起初 ----Quite a lot Americans originally came from Britain. ----Originally, I really wanted to relax myself in a movie, but it turned out to be the opposite. 本来我想看部电影放松一下，结果却相反。
2. *original (a.) 原来的 ; 首创的 ----The original price of the car was a bit too high. (n.) 原版 ; 原著 ----The original of this picture was nowhere to be found. origin (n.) 起源 ; 源头 the origin of the quarrel originate (vi.) 起源于 ----The Industrial Revolution originated in/from the invention of the steam engine. 工业革命始于蒸汽机的发明。 争吵的起因 这幅画的原作已无处寻觅。
3. be used for doing = be used to do 被用来做 … ----That knife is used for spreading butter. be used/accustomed to doing 习惯于做 … ----The British girl is used to ________ (have) Chinese food. ----The machine is used to _______ (help) farmers harvest the crops. having help
4. *face (v.) 面向 ; 面临 ----You must face the fact! ----About 60% of them face family crisis. face sth = be faced with sth 面临 … ----Now the athlete is facing a great challenge. = Now the athlete is faced with a great challenge. ----The room faces south / faces to the south. 面对事实 朝南
5. difficulty 困难 做 … 有困难 have difficulty/trouble (in) doing sth in spite of the difficulties 尽管困难重重 克服困难 overcome the difficulties C/U
6. The building was old and needed repair. 音乐厅的建筑太旧，需要修缮。 need repair = need repairing = need to be repaired ----Traffic will be diverted while the road is under repair. ----I have to tell you that the fridge is beyond repair. 修路期间车辆改道行驶。 无法修理 (n.)
7. *The noise of the traffic from the road drowned out the concerts. 道路交通的噪音压过了音乐会上的声音。 drown out 淹没 ;( 其他声音 ) 压过 ----The noise of karaoke from next door drowned out the little girl’s cry for help. 隔壁卡拉 OK 的声音淹没了小女孩的呼救声。
8. *restore (v.) 使复原 ; 恢复 ----Some buildings in Beijing have been restored to the way they looked many years age. 北京的一些建筑物经过整修已经恢复多年 前的原貌。 ----The army was called in to restore law and order. 军队被召来恢复治安。
9. *It was also made larger to seat more people. 它也被扩建以便容纳更多人。 seat (vt.) ①容纳 ; 可坐 … 人 ” (=hold / contain) ----The biggest stadium in this city can seat 80,000 people. ②使 … 就座 ----He seated me in the front row.
10. charm (n.) 魅力 (= charisma) ----The house is old, but it has a lot of charm. ----The girl’s warm personality is her greatest charm. 那女孩热情的个性是她最迷人之处。 charming (a.) 迷人的 charming smiles
11. *With new paint and a new location, the charm of the concert hall was brought back to life. 经过重新油漆和迁址，上海音乐厅重现了往日的 风采。 bring…back to life 使 … 恢复活力 ----The beautiful flowers brought the little room back to life. ----As he cleaned it, the painting was slowly brought back to life. 随着他擦去灰尘，这幅画又渐渐地栩栩如生了。
The concert hall which moved Look at the title and answer the questions: 1. Do you know any concert halls or theatres? 2. Do you know of any concert hall which was moved? 1. Where did it move from and to? 2. Why did it move? 3. How was it move?
1.The thief who had stolen my car was put into ____ prison last week. A. aB. the C. \ D. other 2. When Yao Ming was playing in the basketball match, a _____ audience cheered up for him. A. big B. large C. small D. number Exercise
3. The patient could no longer ____ the caner. He killed himself at last. A. suffer B. suffer from C. offerD. suffering 4. The shy girl are afraid ____ in class because she is afraid ____ laughed at. A. to sing, of beingB. of singing, to be C. to sing, to be D. of singing, of being 5. Tom wasn’t willing to share the toy car with others. He wanted to keep it ____. A. for himself B. of himself C. by himself D. in himself
Your consent to our cookies if you continue to use this website.