Why do you like dogs? Because they’re friendly. Where are lions from? They’re from South Africa.
1c Practice the conversation with your partner. Then make conversations about the other animals in 1a. Use the words in the box. cute interesting fun smart lazy beautiful
Why do you want to see them? Let’s see the pandas first. Because they’re very cute. cute interesting fun smart lazy beautiful
Why do you want to see them? Let’s see the ________ first. Because they’re very __________. beautiful giraffes cute interesting fun smart lazy beautiful
Why do you want to see them? Let’s see the ______ first. Because they’re very _________. interesting koalas cute interesting fun smart lazy beautiful
Why do you want to see them? Let’s see the _________ first. Because they’re very _______. smart elephants cute interesting fun smart lazy beautiful
2a Listen and write the animals you hear. Draw a line from the animals to the description words and the countries they are from.
Animals Description words Countries 1. _________ really scary Australia 2. _________ kind of interesting South Africa 3. _________very cuteChina pandas koalas lions
Julie: Let’s see the _______. John: Why do you like them? Julie: Because they’re _______ interesting. John: Where are they from? Julie: They’re from ______. pandas kind of China 2b Listen again. Complete the conversation with the words in 2a.
1c Talk about the other two animals in 2a with a partner. Do John and Julie like them? Do you like them? Why or why not?
Why do you like them? Well, I like koalas. Because they’re very cute and they are from Australia.
Why don’t you like them?Well, I don’t like lions. Because they’re really scary. Where are they from? Most of them are from South Africa.
1.Does Peter have a pet? ______________________________ 2. What can Dingding do? _______________________________ Read the conversation in 2d and answer the questions. Yes, he does. 2d He can walk on two legs. He can dance, too.
3. What pet does Jenny’s mom have? ________________________________ 4. Does Jenny like the cat? Why? ___________________ She has a cat. No, she doesn’t. Because it’s very lazy.
2d Role-play the conversation. Jenny: Your dog is really cute, Peter! Peter: He’s my new pet, Dingding. He’s very smart. Jenny: Really? What can he do? Peter: He can walk on two legs. He can dance, too. Jenny: Wow! Peter: Does you family have a pet?
Jenny: My mom has a big cat, but I don’t like her. Peter: Why don’t you like the cat? Jenny: Well, because she’s kind of boring. She sleeps all day, and her name is Lazy. Peter: Haha, then that’s a good name for her!
1. Why don’t you like her? Why don’t you + 动词原形，还是 一种提建议的句型。 意为 “ 为什么 不 …… 呢？ ” 例如： Why don’t you take a walk? 你为什么不去散步呢？
Why don’t you drink some tea? 为什么不喝点茶呢？ “Why don’t you + 动词原形 ” 的同义句 可以说： Let’s … 例如： Let’s take a walk. 让我们去散步吧。 Let’s drink some tea. 让我们喝点茶吧。
1. Let’s play volleyball after school. ( 改 为同义句 ) _____ _____ you play volleyball after school? 2. Let’s join the music club. ( 改为同义 句 ) ____ ______ you join the music club? Why don’t
2. He can walk on two legs. walk on… 表示 “ 用某种方式行走 ” 。 例如： walk on one’s hands 表示 “ 用手倒立行走 ” walk on one’s knees 表示 “ 跪着走；跪着向前挪动 ”
The children like to walk around the house on their hands and knees. 孩子们喜欢手脚并用在房子里爬来爬去。
3. Well, because she’s kind of boring. kind of 有几分 …… 相当于一个副词， 后面多跟形容词 。例如： They’re kind of scary. 他们有点可怕。 The pandas are kind of cute. 熊猫有点可爱。
【拓展】 kind 作名词意为 “ 种类 ” a kind of … 一种 …… What kind of bread do you like? 你喜欢哪种面包？ kind 还可构成短语 all kinds of... ，意为 “ 各种各样的 ” 。 My grandpa has all kinds of stamps. 我爷爷有各种各样的邮票。
1. 我不喜欢看电影，因为它有点无聊。 ________________________________ ________________________________ 2. 他们有两种类型的书包。 ________________________________ 3. 杰克有点懒惰。 ________________________________ I don’t like movies, because it’s kind of boring. Jack is kind of lazy. They have two kinds of schoolbags.
1. 让我们先去看老虎吧。 ____________________________ 2. 那些大象来自哪里？ ____________________________ Let’s see the tigers first. Where are the elephants from? 将下列句子译成英语。
3. 你为什么不喜欢牛奶？ ____________________________ 4. 那只懒猫整天睡觉 。 ____________________________ 5. 因为狮子有点吓人。 ____________________________ Why don’t you like milk? The lazy cat sleeps all day. Because lions are kind of scary.