Presentation is loading. Please wait.
What do you usually do on weekends? I usually help my parents.
prepare for an exam meet my friends
I have to go to the doctor. I have the flu.
Match the phrases with the pictures (a-e). 1a 1. prepare for an exam ______ 2. help my parents ______ a e
3. go to the doctor ______ 4. meet my friend ______ 5. have the flu ______ d b c
play basketball have the flu play the piano go to the doctor help my parents go to the movies prepare for an exam meet my friend 弹钢琴 准备考 试 去看病 去看电 影 打篮球 帮父母 去见 朋友 得了流 感 根据箭头指向的汉语说出英 语短语。
A: Can you come to my party? B: Sure, I’d love to. Sorry, I can’t. I have to …
A: Can you play basketball with us? B: Sorry, I can’t. I have to … study for a test
B: Sorry, I can’t. I have to … go to the doctor A: Can you … ?
visit my friend A: Can you …? B: Sorry, I can’t. I have to … go to the concert
Listen and write the names (Tim, Kay, Anna and Wilson) next to the correct students in the picture. 1b
Anna Tim Kay Wilson
Can you come to my party on Saturday afternoon? Sure, I’d love to. 1c You are the students in the picture. Student A, invite three students to your party. Student B, C and D, give answers.
Sorry, I can’t. I have to prepare for an exam. I’m sorry, too. I must go to the doctor.
Listen and circle can or can’t. 2a 1. Jeff (can / can’t ) go to the party. 2. Mary (can / can’t) go to the party. 3. May (can / can’t) go to the party. 4. Mei Ling (can / can’t) go to the party. 5. Paul (can / can’t) go to the party.
Listen again. Who can’t go to the party? Why? Complete the chart. NamesReasons Jeff meet his friend on Saturday May has the flu Mei Ling study for a math test 2b
1. available adj. 有空的；可获得的 avail + able → available e.g. Is there a room available tonight? 今晚有空闲的房间吗？
e.g. Let’s talk more another time. 改天再谈。 We can do it another time. 我们可以找别的时间做。 He’s busy. Why don’t you come another time? 他很忙。你们另外找时间再来怎么样 ? 2. another time 其他时间；别的时间
3. until conj. & prep. 到 …… 时；直到 …… 为止 not … until 直到 …… 才 e.g. Go straight down the street until you see the bank. 一直走，直到你看见银行。 He didn’t go home until he finished his work. 直到完成工作后他才回家。
e.g. Hang your clothes on the line. 把你的衣服挂在绳上。 4. hang v. (hung) 悬挂；垂下 e.g. I like to hang out at mall with my friends. 我喜欢和朋友们一起 去购物中心闲逛。 5. hang out 常去某地； 泡在某处
e.g. I have to run to catch the bus. 我不得不跑着去赶公交车。 6. catch 及时赶上；接住；抓住
Look at the reason in the chart in 2b. Write some more. Then, Student A, invite your partner to do something. Student B, say you can’t go and why. 1. too much homework 2. ____________________ 3. ____________________ 4. ____________________ 2c
Hey, Dave. Can you go to the movies on Saturday? I’m sorry, I’m not available. I have too much homework this weekend. That’s too bad. Maybe another time. Sure, Joe. Thanks for asking.
1. What did they do last fall? ___________________________________ 2. What does Nick have to do on Saturday? ___________________________________ 3. When will they hang out? ___________________________________ 2d Read the conversation and answer the questions. They went bike riding. Nick has to prepare for an exam. On Monday night.
Hey! Nick, can you come to my house on Saturday? … Oh, Sam! I remember we went bike riding together last fall when … Role-play the conversation.
1. Sam isn’t leaving until next Wednesday. 在英语中， not … until … 是一个常见句 型，表示 “ 直到 …… 才 ……” 。在口语中， 还可使用 till 代替 until ，构成 not … until… 结构。 e.g. Don’t leave today’s work till tomorrow. 不要把今天的事留到明天去做。 I didn’t go to bed last night until past midnight. 昨晚我过了午夜 12 点才睡。
2. Catch you on Monday! 礼拜一见！ 这是英语中道别的又一种说法，相当 于 See you on Monday! 类似的说法还 有： Catch / See you later! ( 回头见！ )
假设你将于这个周末过生日，并开一 个生日聚会，你邀请朋友们参加你的聚会， 但有几名同学因故不能来，请你将与他们 的对话用英语写出来。