限定词种类 冠词 物主限定词 名词属格 指示限定词： this, that, these, those, such 关系限定词： whose, which 疑问限定词： what ， which, whose
限定词种类 不定限定词： no, some, any, each, every, enough, either, neither, all, both, half, several, many, much, (a) few, (a) little, other, another 基数词和序数词 倍数词和分数词 量词： a lot of, lots of, plenty of, a great / good deal of, a large / small amount / quality of, a great / large / good number of
不定冠词的几种特殊用法 1. 在专有名词和特定的人名，姓氏或称呼名之 前，专有名词 → 普通名词， … 式的人物， 某一个，某一位 He wish to be a Mozart. A Mr. Thomason wanted to see you. A professor Zhou applied for the post.
不定冠词的几种特殊用法 用在序数词前，再一，又一 She has called on the president a third time but hasn’t seen him once yet. 用在复数可数名词前表示一个整体概念 He had a busy two weeks. I have a good twenty dollars in my pocket. 整整
不定冠词的几种特殊用法 用在固定结构 a / an + n. + of + a / an + n. 前面名词是后面名词的特征或性质 像 … 一样的，是属于某一类的 a lion of a man 雄狮般勇敢地人 a flower of a girl / a treasure of a son 鲜花似的姑娘 / 宝贝儿子 a mountain of a wave 滔天巨浪
不定冠词的几种特殊用法 用在物质名词前，物质名词具体化 表示该物质材料所做成的制品，或表示一阵， 一份，一类，一场 Since you like steak so much, why don’t order ( ) steak? A. the B. an C. a D. /
不定冠词的几种特殊用法 a + n. 任何或指一类 A dog is a faithful animal. 其他用法阅读课本 P39--40
4.2-4.3 定冠词用法 P41- 45 人体部位名词 I took him by the hand. The mosquito bit me on the leg. She had the urge to beat him over the head.
定冠词用法 用于必须加介词 by 的单位名词前 We rent the house by the year. Sugar is sold by the pound. He was paid by the day.
4.4 不用冠词的情况 P46—47 1. 物质, 抽象, 复数名词前 This morning I only had milk. Wisdom is better than strength. Iron and steel play an important role in industry. Honesty is the best policy. 诚为上策
2. 在与介词连用的交通工具名称前 I go to work by bicycle almost every morning. In china people usually travel long distance either by train or by coach.
3. 家庭成员和呼语前 Waiter, bring me an ice-cream, please. Father tried every possible means to make both ends meet.
4. 用作同位语或补足语表示正式或独一无二 的职位, 官衔的名词前 Smith is monitor of the class.
5. 四季, 节日, 月份, 星期 Winter in China is not so cold as it used to be because of the greenhouse effects. Shall we go for an outing on National Day? April and May are the best months in a year. I usually stay in bed on Sundays.
6. 学科名称, 球类运动, 棋类游戏和竞技名词前 Mathematics is the hardest course for me. We like playing basketball. Do you feel like playing chess now?
7. 一日三餐等名词前 When do you usually have lunch? They are going to invite us to tea tomorrow?
8. 单数可数名词表示紧密关系并用在并列结构 时 (P47) They are husband and wife / father and son / brother and sister. He was covered with snow from head to foot.
9. 在以普通名词 +as / though 开始的让步状 语从句中 Soldier though he is, he does not like to obey the order.
10. 有些名词 bed, church, class, college, hospital, prison, school, society, town 等, 在 表示抽象概念或与介词连用时 I usually go to bed at 9:00 in the evening. Class begins at 8:00 in the morning.
11. 作系动词后接表示职业, 职位的名词 时 Nothing can make me turn traitor to my country. Both sisters turned musicians.
12. 固定搭配中 after dark, by way of, at random in face of, in common, at desk, at table, in future, at sea, in debt, at dawn, at dusk, at hand, on purpose, by accident, by day/night, by chance learn by heart, with child, in effect
冠词的类指 1. 定冠词和单数名词搭配（正式语体） The horse has been replaced by the railroad, the windship and the steamship.
2. 定冠词和某些形容词或分词连用 The true, the good and the beautiful would not exist without the fault, the evil and the ugly. ( 真善美 / 假恶丑 ) The oppressed and the exploited wanted to be free themselves from the oppressors.
冠词的类指 3. 不定冠词与单数名词搭配 An ox is a useful animal. 4. 零冠词与复数名词或不可数名词搭配 Carrots are my favorite vegetables Doctors are badly needed at the front. Electricity is a form of energy. Unity is a strength.
限定词与三类名词的搭配关系 只能与单数名词搭配的限定词 a, an, one, another, each, every, either, neither, many a, such a each worker, every worker, either book, neither sentence …
限定词与三类名词的搭配关系 只能与复数名词搭配的限定词 both, two, three, another two / three, many, (a) few, several, these, those, a (great) number of both workers, a number of workers, another two students They have invited me several times to their home.
限定词与三类名词的搭配关系 只能与不可数名词搭配的限定词 a (little) bit of, a large amount of, a great deal of, (a) little, much, less, (the) least a bit of water, a large amount of money, much noise, a little space, less oil
限定词与三类名词的搭配关系 能与单、复数名词搭配的限定词 the first, the second, the last, the next the first rose, the first roses, the last man, the last men
限定词与三类名词的搭配关系 能与单数名词和不可数名词搭配的限定词 this ， that this / that job this / that work
限定词与三类名词的搭配关系 能与复数名词和不可数名词搭配的限定词 a lot of, lots of, plenty of, enough, more, most, such, other 等 a lot of books / money, plenty of chairs / water, more articles / more time …
Which of the following determiners can be placed before both singular count nouns and plural count nouns? ( TEM-4, 2012) A. many a B. few C. such D. the next
限定词与三类名词的搭配关系 能与单、复数名词搭配的限定词 the first, the second, the last, the next the first rose, the first roses, the last man, the last men, the next meeting, the next meetings
限定词与三类名词的搭配关系 能与复数名词和不可数名词搭配的限定词 a lot of, lots of, plenty of, enough, more, most, such, other 等 a lot of books / money, plenty of chairs / water, more articles / more time such men such bread …
限定词与限定词的搭配的关系 在名词词组中心词之前如果有两个和两个以上限定 词出现时，就会产生限定词的先后顺序问题。按其 不同的搭配位置，限定词可分为前位限定词，中位 限定词和后位限定词。 前位限定词： all, both, half; twice, tree times 等 ; one-third, two-fifths 等； such (a / an) … quite, rahter 副词（有学者将其归为前位限定词）
限定词与限定词的搭配的关系 后位限定词： one, two, three 等基数词； first, second, third 等序数词 ; next, last, other, another 等； many, much, (a) few, (a) little, fewer, (the) fewest, less, (the) least, more, most; several, such 等
限定词与限定词的搭配的关系 特殊情况： 1.such a (n) 前位, 其它时后位，如： some such, no such, one such 等 2. plenty of, a lot of, lots of, a great deal of, a good / great many, a large amount of, a great quality of 等，含义上相 当于 many / much, 理论上也应归入后位限定词，但用法 上不同 如： a lot of these houses round here have glass in the front door.
限定词与限定词的搭配的关系 前位 — 中位 — 后位 all the four teachers all other students All my other patients are fine. 前中后 前 后 前中 后
限定词与限定词的搭配的关系 中位限定词之间相互排斥，前位先行词之间相 互排斥 my that book (×) that book of mine 后位限定词可以搭配使用 those last few years three other boys many more, a few more…
限定词与限定词的搭配的关系 特殊情况： every ( 中位 ) 可与名词属格或物主限定词 （中位）连用，位于其后 Mary’s every action her every action